Gossman Roach Belly Has Arrived !!!

Recieved my Scott Gossman Knife today from the competition that I won a while back.
I based the knife on a Roach Belly design but never envisaged it looking as good as Scott has made it !!!
By my measurements the knife has a blade just shy of 4 3/4" with a total legth of 8 3/4". It is made from 3/16"A2 stock steel.
On paper this sounds a typical mid sized blade but in the hand it feels much larger and very tank like.:D
I have always drooled over Scotts knives and, in seeing this one, they are every bit as classy as I'd imagined.This knife is the kinda thing that if I were to see it in a store I'd be afraid to pick it up because it looks so expensive...if that makes sense,LOL !!!
The balance point appears to be with my finger right at the end of the handle which makes it feel very balanced in the hand.One of my main complaints with knives is when it comes to the handles, they are often too short and/or too thin the latter which bugs me the most. Scott being a hunter obviously knows what works in the real world and there are no worries at all with this knife. The Walnut handle looks awesome and is very chunky and feels great giving a very solid grip !
Anyway it was starting to drop dark when I opened the box so all I managed to do was take a few quick pics which I'm hoping that Scott will add because my Photobucket account is suspended till the 8th !!!!:(

Thanks again Scott, I can't wait to take this on some adventures !!!!;):thumbup:

Back