Got me one of them newfangled Instagram accounts

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I started an Instagram account (redmeadowknives), but I really couldn't tell you why.

I understand how it works (I think), I just don't get the point, what am I missing?

It doesn't seem like you can have much of a conversation on there, just look at pictures?

Yes, I really am this hip:rolleyes:

For you it would be an advertising platform.

Post a photo then tag the snot out of it with #knives #customknives #bladeforums #redmeadowknives #cutbank #52100 #desertironwood #stackedleather etc.

People search for things that interest them like stackedleather and view the photos that are tagged with that.

You can tag people with @ like you can here ant it lets them know that you want them to see or read something. I tagged you a few seconds ago.

If you see a post that interests you and there is a tag underneath that says #custombowie and you want to see more custom bowies from other makers/collectors, click the hashtag.

It really is a huge waste of time. I went from posting things that interest me to posting more WTF/FML work related stuff.

So every time I post a picture in here, post it there with a side of hashbrowns, got it.:p

It looks like I can put comments with pictures, I need to figure that out.

I tried to set up an IG business account, but it says I had to have a Facebook account to do that. Is there a way around that?

I started an Instagram account (redmeadowknives), but I really couldn't tell you why.

I understand how it works (I think), I just don't get the point, what am I missing?

It doesn't seem like you can have much of a conversation on there, just look at pictures?

Yes, I really am this hip:rolleyes:
Followed you into the social media hole and I'm lost In it's darkness. I will hasbrown you when I find out where I'm at.

I'm sitting here wondering if I should google hashbrowns, stacked and leather...

I Hashbrowned you, am I doing it right?
200583-Screaming-Marmot.gif

There are a couple BF members that I follow there. Look up knivesshipfree, dclknives, gravelle_knives, jneilsonknives, mqqn01 (zero one), nick_wheeler_knives_and_newfs, 2tonyB, fisk_knives, lsknife_works, j.riderknives, and vladthehungarian (Ted).

Nick Wheeler posts a lot of videos on how he does things and the tools he makes. Fascinating stuff.

Topic: Signs of the alpocolypse for $1000 Alex

Answer :John on Instagram

Question: What are the first signs of #alien_abduction

Chance is even in on the hashbrownin, and yes, I'm gonna say hashbrown in every Post!

....hashbrown

Doesn't that let you do mammograms really, really fast? ;)

Congratulations on the hashbrowns, man.

Ha, thanks IM, (welcome to our goofy little home by the way). I got my hashbrown on and some more pictures up.

Chris, thanks for at least trying to steer a social media moron the right way!

Back