Got my first hinderer

I've been a big strider fan for a while now, but have decided to branch out and complete my trifecta of the high end productions:)
I've carried it for a couple days now. I am really enjoying it, it exudes high quality. So solid and sturdy feeling. Great ergonomic in all of the many grip options. Super sharp factory edge to boot. Over all great knife to add to my collection. Couple questions.

The wharncliffe is very handy for a lot of tasks, love the tip control and pressure I can apply. But it is a wee bit thick behind the edge when cutting through some thicker denser stuff. So my question how much thinner behind the edge is the slicer grind? hehe already thinking about getting another....

Also wondering about the 3 inch model, does that feel as good in a large hand? What strider would you compare the 3inch xm18 too?

Welcome to the addiction! :D

I haven't handled a slicer, but from pictures they appear to be able the same in edge thickness.
As for size, it's much smaller in hand, if the 3.5 feels perfect the 3 inch will feel too small. Why I got rid of mine!
I'd compare it to a Strider PT, very similar in size and feel, only you'll have a flipper digging into your finger on the XM.

First of all congrats.
I have the 3" Wharnie, & Spanto. For me the 3" fits my hand really well. The 3.5" is more than I like to carry. I have had a Strider CC PT, and I will say the Hinderer fills/fits my hand better & has better ergos. I have medium large hands. It really depends on your hand size though. I just like a 3" blade. Never had a 3.5", but don't see the point trying one based on how happy I am with the 3". You really can't go wrong with any Hinderer :)

I have both the 3" wharnie & the 3.5" wharnie. I carry the 3.5 more, the 3" I carry when wearing jeans or other closer fitting clothing. The size of the 3.5 feels a bit more comfy in my hands. I do have small hands also. The 3" is comfy as well but IMO the 3.5 fills out a bit more. The strider PT would be the comparable knife to the 3"

I'm of a completely different opinion. I have large and small knives in all of the big 3. I am 6'5" and have every bit of XL hands. I prefer the SnG to the PT and SmF, favor the Lg Seb to the Sm, but prefer the 3" XM to the 3.5". I find both sizes of XM-18s to be odd and borderline awkward in a "just holding it" way but surprisingly good in actual use. Somehow the 3" XM-18 has become my all time favorite folding knife. CRKs are easily better built and Striders are certainly cooler and carry a superior warranty... but if I had to sell the majority of my knives, the XM-18s would be the keepers.

Back