Got my knife today

Well after a long day at work I just got home to find my new knife from Nick:D This is an incredible knife. The fit and finish are out of this world. it has a razors edge and just comes alive in my hands. I know now why Nick has so many repeat customers.The pics of his blades are great but I can not describe how incredible they are in person!Nick is also great to deal with everything was done when he said it would be. If you do not own one of Nick's blades you owe it to yourself to get one.

Thanks again Nick for an incredible knife!
Mike

Well after a long day at work I just got home to find my new knife from Nick:D This is an incredible knife. The fit and finish are out of this world. it has a razors edge and just comes alive in my hands. I know now why Nick has so many repeat customers.The pics of his blades are great but I can not describe how incredible they are in person!Nick is also great to deal with everything was done when he said it would be. If you do not own one of Nick's blades you owe it to yourself to get one.

Thanks again Nick for an incredible knife!
Mike

Well that description weeds out all the knives Nick doesn't make but leaves no clue to which one you got. :confused:

It must be a scout as it is the only one I have and it matches your description perfectly. ;)

Ah, missed this response in my own thread somehow...funky subscription updates....

IMG_2795.jpg

Mike's modified Woodsman

Man, that looks just about perfect!!! :thumbup: I can't wait till I raise enough funds to get my own :)

Glad you like it Mike:thumbup: I know I had a hard time letting this one go:( I gotta make one for myself.

Thanks

Nick:)

Nick it will be with me bow hunting next month. I will let you know how it works on deer but I know it will work great! You will have to get up to da UP eh. We have lots of big woods and lakes.Just let me know when and what you want to do and I will do my best to set it up.

Mike

Ah, missed this response in my own thread somehow...funky subscription updates....

IMG_2795.jpg

Mike's modified Woodsman

Man, that looks just about perfect!!! :thumbup: I can't wait till I raise enough funds to get my own :)

Again, That is a great looking knife!:thumbup:

Thanks for choosing to use my burlap laminate!

-Todd

Todd I saw your Tan burlap laminate in a pic on a woodsman. Whem I contacted Nick to make my knife I definetly wanted that handle material. It looks and feels better than any picture can describe. Best of all this is an all Michigan project.

Mike

That is very cool Mike! I just need to get the burlap into more hands.

Thanks again!

-Todd

Todd, if Mike doesn't mind, can you tell us more about your burlap laminate? What advantages does it offer over other materials?

Rksoon I don't mind I would love to know more about it. All I can say is it is out of this world. I own 7 custom knives and I have to say I love this material best of all.

Mike

Todd, if Mike doesn't mind, can you tell us more about your burlap laminate? What advantages does it offer over other materials?

Rksoon I don't mind I would love to know more about it. All I can say is it is out of this world. I own 7 custom knives and I have to say I love this material best of all.

Mike

Thanks for the kind words and interest.

It is a unique handmade laminate. I use a high quality (and expensive) water clear aero-marine epoxy resin. So it is about as tough as boat hulls and aircraft wings. I can use a wide range of substrates for many unique looks, yarn, canvas, carbon fiber, linen etc, in addition to burlap.

Although most prefer the natural burlap I can and do make it in a wide range of colors and combination of colors. Lighter colored burlaps work well with glow dust too.

The natural color is instantly recognizable and is rustic but not rough looking.

It is a warm and grippy in hand, although it can be finished very smooth.

Honestly, my stuff, stabilized woods and factory made laminates (micarta, g10, etc) are all very tough, so the choice becomes personal aesthetics.

I hope that helps to answer your questions. Let me know what other ones you may have.

Thanks again,

-Todd

Thank you Todd, you give me a good start for further research on my own. I'm thinking my next NWA knife might have one of your creations on it :) :thumbup: Your yarn laminates or maybe one of your blue or red burlap laminates look mighty unique while, it seems, not sacrificing anything in function. When the time comes, I'll contact you with more specific questions that will probably come up.

Thank you!

Let me know haw I can be of service and I look forward to working with you.

All the best,

-Todd

Back