Gotta Rave-Blade-Tech Knives

I just posted a thread in another sub-forum about my first visit (hopefully of many!) to New Graham Knives in Bluefield, Virginia.

I got to handle a LOT of knives today that I'd never had a chance to handle before. Some were a disappointment in the "quality" department, others had a high degree of quality but just didn't "jump out at me". Probably the biggest surprise of the day however (other than how freakin' big the Darrell Ralph Madd Maxx is-JESUS CHRIST! :eek: ) was the Blade-Tech knives!

I have always liked the Blade-Tech holsters, but I will admit that when BT started selling knives I thought "They better stick to holsters-they're just jumping on the knife bandwagon."

I've never handled one until today however, and have only seen a few at gun/knife shows and some stores.

The first one that caught my eye was actually the little BLUE Mouse! It was soooo "cute", and I knew my wife would love it (ANYTHING bluish purple!) so I asked to see it, thinking it would be a nice "token" gift for her to offset the hundreds of dollars (and all day trip) I was spending. I was amazed at the quality for a sub $25 knife! The lockup is amazing for a knife of this price point, and especially since the body is so light! I'm a sucker for practical "jimping" and the two areas of jimping on the top of the blade just sealed the deal. I told the lady helping me I'd take it, and it was added to my "pile" behind the counter so I could continue looking.

As I walked around looking for more knives I would want, I ended up BACK at the register, playing with the Mouse! Heck-for the price-I decided to get ME one also!

I KNOW what everyone is thinking...

"That Mouse looks SOOO girly!"
"I am a cop/soldier/sailor/Marine/wannabe/Internet poser/NFL linebacker/etc and I want a big knife so people will know I'm 'tactical' !"
"There's no way a 1 15/16" blade is big enough for a real pocket knife!"

But I'm telling you that this thing kept sharp will probably suffice for 99% of what we ACTUALLY use our folding knives for-cutting string/cord, opening mail, opening packages, picking at our nails, cutting the duct tape off our dates, etc. :foot:

The only thing I might say negative (and how much can we complain about on a sub $25 knife!) is that the thumb hole machining seemed a TAD sharp near the top... (It is also worth noting that the $75 Spyderco I bought was almost as "edgy" in the same spot!)

Nothing that I can't smooth on either one with a polishing wheel on the Dremel... ;)

The second trip to the case that held the Blade-Tech stuff got me a second Mouse, but I handled all the rest of the Blade-Tech knives also. I'll say that I didn't buy any others today, but I was very impressed with all of them. I probably will find another soon that I will decide I need!

I bought a fixed blade ESEE, a Spyderco Delica, two Moras, and the Mouse. I love all these knives and am not taking anything away from them for their niches and price points, but the blue Mouse is the one that I keep picking up and fidgeting with! :eek: :thumbup:

PS-I might cough up a full "review" with pics in a week or so... :p

Last edited:
The mouse really is an awesome small folder. Just as an FYI we make the mouse in Purple too. Maybe a xmas or bday present for the wife?

We have really funny knife laws here in WA (every city has a different knife blade length limit) so I tend to stick with a knife that is 3" or under to be safe. When I first started with the company, I purchased a green PHM. It is still one of my favorite EDC pieces, but the length is just a tad bit long 3 5/8". Believe it or not, my EDC is our Ganyana lite. The ergos are great, jimping is in all the right places, and the lock up is SOLID. All this is had for a MSRP of $26.99. Although I'm a bit bias, its hard for me to find a better deal out there for the price point.

Did you get a chance to play with the Ganyana lite while at NGK ?

I did. I really can't say what I didn't pick one up at that price...guess I was getting close to my limit. :eek:

The next one I liked ALOT after the Mouse was the MLEK Classic. I felt the price difference was worthy moving up to this model, but like I say I spent my limit that day!

I just picked up my new pro hunter magnum today from the Blade Tech shop and it is awesome!! Its my third and none of them have disappointed me.... Its the only liner lock knife that I have bought and really like. Thanks Blade Tech!

I just picked up my new pro hunter magnum today from the Blade Tech shop and it is awesome!! Its my third and none of them have disappointed me.... Its the only liner lock knife that I have bought and really like. Thanks Blade Tech!

That is awesome! Did someone give you a tour?

I'd like to get an Orange knife and the Ganyana-lite looks nice. i'll have to check these out.

I'd like to get an Orange knife and the Ganyana-lite looks nice. i'll have to check these out.

The Ganyana lite is an awesome knife. I've been EDCing one for the past 1.5 years or so.

I'm a die hard deer and bear hunter,I spend a lot of time in the bush and have been using a bladetech pro hunter magnum for awhile now,i've been very impressed with this folder,it is a perfect hunting knife!

I'm a die hard deer and bear hunter,I spend a lot of time in the bush and have been using a bladetech pro hunter magnum for awhile now,i've been very impressed with this folder,it is a perfect hunting knife!

I'm glad you like it! Lets see the pics of your user.

+1 for the Mouse and the Ganyana Lite. I have had both for a few years now and they are very good knives. The Mouse has a very substantial and solid feel for such a small knife. It is a gem! And the Ganyana Lite is very smooth and solid. I like the gimping too.

I have a Ganyana lite*, it's a good little knife, but... srsl... I want a Ganyana Magnum... :)

*And PH Magnum, and PH (440C Japanese model), and MLEK Magnum, and Black Wolf...and...

I have a Ganyana lite*, it's a good little knife, but... srsl... I want a Ganyana Magnum... :)

*And PH Magnum, and PH (440C Japanese model), and MLEK Magnum, and Black Wolf...and...

There are a few USA made S30V Ganyans still floating around the interwebs. I was lucky enough to snatch one, but we've been out of them at the shop for a long time. We have a few MLEK that showed up at the shop, but they are in 154 CM. Black Wolves are still available as well as the Pro Hunter Magnums!!

There are a few USA made S30V Ganyans still floating around the interwebs. I was lucky enough to snatch one, but we've been out of them at the shop for a long time. We have a few MLEK that showed up at the shop, but they are in 154 CM. Black Wolves are still available as well as the Pro Hunter Magnums!!

No no... I own all of those. :)
That's what I meant. But if you guys carved a ganyana out of 5/32s s30v, that'd be a kick!
Speaking of, any thoughts of moving to S35VN or something even more exotic?

No no... I own all of those. :)
That's what I meant. But if you guys carved a ganyana out of 5/32s s30v, that'd be a kick!
Speaking of, any thoughts of moving to S35VN or something even more exotic?

Just one of each? You need backups and backup's backups!

At this time, we will continue to use S30V, however, that doesn't mean we won't use something different down the road.

Back