• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Graceworld Knives

This outfit charged my credit card when they received my order.Several weeks later, they said that they could not fill my order and wanted me to take "store credit" for the amount charged!I refused, and at great length got a credit to my card LESS A 25% administrative charge for issuing the credit.This is theft,plain and simple.I received no goods or services from them, but they kept part of my money. As it was a small amount, I took the easy way out and wrote it off, but promised to spread the word about them.This is my first opportunity, and I was under the impression that they were out of business until I recently saw their name in a current index of dealers.I wouldn't trade with them at all, unless they do COD, and wouldn't trust them even then.

Contact your credit card company with the details, THEY will take care of the problem with THIER customer.

------------------
P.J.
YES,it is sharp, just keep your fingers out of the way!
www.silverstar.com/turnermfg

Graceworld.com has been on the internet since 1997. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all products. All products are shipped out within 3-5 business days. We have served thousands of satisfied customers, and our product line is growing. Customer service is our #1 priority. Our prices are competitive and our friendly staff usually emails all replies within 48 hours.

And why no e-mail address?

------------------
Dave
------------------------
What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

they shouldnt charge your card till they ship. And if they dont have what you ordered, why should you take store credit or pay administrative fee?
Sounds like a lowlife outfit-no email address either, hmmm how convenient.

Kinda shot themselves in the foot (IMHO) since that thread had slipped away, and they brought it back up, in effect reminding us that there are many other excellent dealers from whom to buy
smile.gif

~Mitch

they have made my little black book of "NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH" since I use my card 98% of the time. Thanks for the heads up. Dave

In reading all your replies, it seems to the logical thing would be to try to buy from the company before taking the word of a total stranger. None of us know what really happened. I guess ignorance is bliss!

Secondly, when a person registers there is a choice to not post their email up on the board. Why do you think BladeForums choose to do this? I choose "no" to receiving emails so I wouldn't have to worry about receiving spam. Sounds like you guys are all their competitors.

Thanks for all your comments.

First, all ordering policies are located on our web site for all customers to read before ordering. When a customer hits the "send" button, that is a clear indication that they have read and understood all ordering policies. These policies have been posted on the web site since the creation of Graceworld.

Secondly, there was a 25% cancellation fee on all special ordered items. Now since Graceworld has grown, we offer cancellations at no cost, even on special ordered items. I don't know about this particular transaction and can't really comment on what happened.

Matt
Graceworld.com Customer Service

First of all, Knives4Me, Alachoctaw is not a stranger to BF members. He has over 400 posts and many here have done business with him and spoken to him many times.
Second of all, it's true what you say about the option of posting your email address, but it doesnt make sense for an internet business not to show their address. I can understand an individual not wanting spam,etc., but a business is different.
Third, that's the purpose of this board(Good,Bad,and Ugly). You post a problem with a dealer and that dealer has the opportunity to dispute your claim or correct it. Notice that at no time did Graceworld deny it happened.In Graceworld's last post they say there was a 25% charge for special ordered items, but that should only apply if customer cancels order. You'll notice in the original post that they are the ones who said they COULDNT fill the order. Why charge a customer because you cant fill an order?

Sounds like a good outfit to stay away from. BTW, I see it is your first post at BF? Could you be connected with their business?
Either way, welcome to BF.

Knives4Me, welcome to BF, now shut it!! A BF member reports shonky goings on and you say to give that dealer a go and try to buy from them??!! HELLO!?
Stick around, you'll find the forum an interesting and informative place.

[This message has been edited by Ferret (edited 02-25-2000).]

How rude Ferret! You Shut it!!! I was simply pointing out a different angle of this whole situation.

And furthermore, I could really give a rat's *!@ about how many postings anyone has on the forum.

LIFTER4AOL your point was taken. It only reminds me of how bored people really are.

Sounds like this is a forum for the CLODS!

I don't suppose anyone will be very surprised to find that Graceworld and Knives4Me are posting from the same IP address, 207.50.33.132 which reverse DNSs to cdm-132.laft.teac.net

Suggesting that he should shut up is counterproductive, IMHO; his posts under both names are furthering the purpose of this forum, to bring out the truth.

I hope he continues to express his opinions, under either or both names. The more we hear from him the better we are able to decide whether we want to do business with him.

-Cougar :{)

This CLOD knows a "Spin Doctor" when he sees one.

------------------
Learn from the mistakes of others. You
can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Good one Cougar!!!!

What do you folks think that little "ip: logged" in the lower right hand corner of each post means? Mike T. owns the ball, bat, and the field. You are going to have to get up pretty early to pull a fast one around here! Hell Mike and his posse can tell you what you had for breakfast if they want to!

If you are wise you will put as much effort into correcting this problem as you have trying to cover it....

Grace from Graceworld.com has just contacted me about this thread and we are discussing it.

I'm hoping that he will use this as an opportunity to make things right and rectify this situation, because as I'm sure we'll all agree, it's been handled poorly thus far.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

so Knives4Me and Graceworld are posting from the same address? Now there's a shock.
This forum serves a very real and needed service. For years those of us who spend alot of money on knives had nowhere to turn when things like this happened.
Now, when this post first came up, Graceworld had the opportunity to make it right and prevent any damage to their reputation. They chose a different way. Then to post under another name to try to defend their actions, just ices the cake.
In the past this problem could just keep repeating itself over and over, but thanks to this forum, all who read this can avoid this business and send their money elsewhere.
Dont scream or call names, just talk with your money.

Hello all BladeForum members. Graceworld sincerely apologizes for this event having occurred in the past, and I personally apologize for my employee's conduct here and now. I have talked to the employee responsible for this situation, and this will not happen again. I would ask that you do not judge my business by this event, and would give us a chance to gain your trust.

In an effort to gain your trust, all members of BladeForum are invited to take advantage of FREE SHIPPING for any item you purchase with Graceworld. We keep all items in stock, even special ordered items, and ship within 3-5 business days.

Regards,
Grace
Graceworld.com

Back