gransfor outdoor axe

disduster

Gold Member
received my outdoor axe i ordered from raymears today. Also got a wetterlings large hunting axe earlier this week. took some quick comparison pics with a trail hawk and a bark river camp axe. Fit and finish was what i expected, some uneven grind marks and a little rust here and there on the unfinished portions. I've have two other older wetterlings, i was pleased with the sheath on this new batch recently restocked a crystal falls trading company, much better quality then the sheaths on my older models. thicker leather, heavier rivets and a full welt. it was pretty much the same as the sheath on the gransfor bruks.
i know bruks bought wetterlings last year so i bet that had some infulence on the sheath quality.
both axes were good a sharp out of the box, but i will do some refining and polishing of the edges and change the edge thickness i a bit, little thicker on the hunter's, little thinner on the outdoor.
this is my first gransfor, and i'm pleased, i know this is a new limited model and when i saw someone post it on here a few weeks back i needed one. It was a little smaller then i thought, has the feel of a tomahawk in the hand but the balance of a axe. Like the took a axe and just shrunk it, not at all stocky like a lot of hatchets out there.
i look forward to getting a larger bruks soon.
i'll get out the woods soon and do a little more of a review with the outdoor axe

outdoor003.jpg

outdoor005.jpg

outdoor007.jpg

outdoor009.jpg

Back