Great Northwest Rat, Hog & Dog Mischief...

4th Weekend this August (8/25-27) :eek:

Mischief Details:
The Great NW Mischief will again be above the gravel pit off the 6701 Rd.
45* 56.351 N, 121* 51.967 W, WGS 84

From SR 14 (approx Milepost 47) follow Wind River Hwy (30 Rd) north and continue north through Carson.

Right before Milepost 6 on the Wind River Hwy, you will see a sign directing you to "Panther Creek." Take a right onto this road and then an immediate left onto Panther Creek Road (65 Rd).

Follow the 65 road, through 4 Corners at about Milepost 10. Stay on the 65 Rd north, until Milepost 12, where the pavement ends and the 67 Rd splits off to the left (west). Follow the 67 Rd about a mile and turn right on the 6701 Rd. Less than a mile up the 6701, a gravel pit will be on the left, as you go past it, and up around a corner to the left is a spur road to the left. This is a fairly rough road that will quickly take you to where the NW Mischief will be based.

From the north, take Hwy 12 either east off I-5, or west out of Yakima, to Randle.

From Randle, dump down the 25 Rd., past Mount St. Helens, to the 90 Rd.
Take a left on the 90 Rd. (east), to Curly Creek Rd. (I think its the 51 or 52 Rd.),
Take that right hand turn, and go up the hill to the 30 Rd. (Wind River Hwy).
Go north (left) on the 30 Rd. to Rush Creek Rd. (6507 Rd.) on the right.
Follow the 6507 Rd. up to Panther Creek Rd. (65 Rd.), take a right (south) and go about 6 miles to the 67 Rd.

Other than (lots of) food and drink, I'd recommend lawn chairs, and a helmet or hardhat for the cave (& lots of lights)…

Ham radio: 146.58
FRS: Channel 4
No cell service
No water (bring plenty)
Nearest bathroom about 8 miles
No electricity
Not even adult supervision...

Last year we Almost DIED :eek::confused::cool:...!!

Scared; really really Scared (but hope to see you there!!:D).

Really great to hear from you and 360. I missed last year. I will try harder this year. The Mischief is the high light of the year.
Ron Athay

I just missed it last year. That's not gonna happen this year. Thanks River.

I look forward to meeting you this year, Ryker. Last year was such a bummer...you were so close to the top!

The whole Busse World is invited. It's not too late to book a flight! :D

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to meeting some local Hogs, Dogs & Rats. After looking at your PDF last night (very helpful) I realized I had only missed the last immediate right to take me to the destination location. Instead I went straight and ended up going to the top of the quarry.

Back