Grimsmo Norseman—is it worth it?

Off topic, I’ve seen Enslaved twice. Really amazing live.
That is absolutely awesome, were they good? I've been noticing some metal fans in this community, a guy saw me post my PM2s on a Hypothermia record and sent me a whole bunch of black metal patches that he didn't need, just cause. And, I know this is a long shot, but your screename looks familiar, might just be from here, but did you ever post on Metal Archives?
I had to google it. The answer is nope.
Ha, there are some dudes on here like you or afishhunter afishhunter looking at a knife like this, and going like "......Yeah. No. Not for me. Maybe for others."
Sorry to assume your opinion, fishhunter, just know that this is just not for some folks, namely staunch trad folks.

I've been watching them since I joined here and definitely wouldn't want to be the first owner. Not even really interested in checking one out for 500 either 🧐

To each their own. I have to admit I'm perplexed by the folks that say they like everything about them but the blade shape!? Personally i think that's a fairly significant detail to a knife. That aside i do find the blade shape absurd. I wouldn't take one as a gift, because i would just want to resell it.

Ha, there are some dudes on here like you or afishhunter afishhunter looking at a knife like this, and going like "......Yeah. No. Not for me. Maybe for others."
Sorry to assume your opinion, fishhunter, just know that this is just not for some folks, namely staunch trad folks.
No problem. I admit I prefer traditionals, especially those with more than one blade, tho there are a few exceptions, like the Buck 110/Old Timer 6OT/7OT and friction folders. 😁
I'm not familiar with the knife in question, so I just did a quickie BING search for it.
You are correct! Not for me. 😁
Not to mention it is way out of my price range. (oops. I mentioned it.☹️)

Not for me. What the h is that bladeshape? And as a bonus it comes with a recurve?! 🤦‍♂️

And I truly don't get the norseman name on this, instaman would be a better fit.

Here is some true norseman music though:

Last edited:
That is absolutely awesome, were they good? I've been noticing some metal fans in this community, a guy saw me post my PM2s on a Hypothermia record and sent me a whole bunch of black metal patches that he didn't need, just cause. And, I know this is a long shot, but your screename looks familiar, might just be from here, but did you ever post on Metal Archives?

Nah. I’ve never posted on Metal Archives. Enslaved was great. It was right around when Axioma Ethica Odini came out and I saw them with Baroness and Between the Buried and Me. Black metal is hard to really find in the US when it comes to shows, so I was excited. I’d love to see Emperor. I know they were at Wacken recently, but I don’t know how realistic a North American tour is.

Nah. I’ve never posted on Metal Archives. Enslaved was great. It was right around when Axioma Ethica Odini came out and I saw them with Baroness and Between the Buried and Me. Black metal is hard to really find in the US when it comes to shows, so I was excited. I’d love to see Emperor. I know they were at Wacken recently, but I don’t know how realistic a North American tour is.
I just saw Midnight and Mayhem (was supposed to be Watain too but Visa denied) together earlier this month! But then again, I live near L.A so I imagine I am a little spoiled when it comes to shows. It's mainly a matter of hoping a venue is within 100m of your town if you are in middle America, I would imagine, tough to get around to places. But, great to see more metalheads on the knife forum! 😁

Not for me. What the h is that bladeshape? And as a bonus it comes with a recurve?! 🤦‍♂️

And I truly don't get the norseman name on this, instaman would be a better fit.

Here is some true norseman music though:

Nice!
I wanted to post an Immortal tune but I didn't think it would be appreciated; this forum is more metal than I thought!
O'er the lands of Blashyrk we reign!

Reactions: 353
You really have to love the blade shape. Same with Koenigs. They have the quality & customer service but you have to love those funky blade shapes

I bought few and sold few.Just bought another one which I will keep and use it.It is different but find it useful for my needs.Quality blade for sure.

Whether it’s worth the price is a very individual call. If you like the blade shape, have the money, and think it will bring you enough joy, I’d say yes. Build quality is definitely there.

For me, the Rask was the one to get (the more traditional blade shape sings to me) and I love that thing. I think it’s worth the price and I’m happy I have one in my collection. It is, by a pretty wide margin, my most expensive knife.

I can see why they almost never have any inventory.

As a quick update to the thread, I never ended up grabbing a Norseman, mainly due to realizing that I just didn't love the blade shape. Instead I have a Shiro NeOn R20 and a Holt Haptic, both of which fulfill my itch for a folder in this range. I may still eventually try out a Norseman, but right now the knife money is all tied up. ;)

Back