(Grumble Grumble) Paul Long was right.... again....

Paul, You mentioned doing the back of my sheaths (the belt loop) in Tan Kote. Perfect advice. Here was my next attempt. The belt loop is a perfect match for this.

IMG_5441_zpsowmqyljt.jpg

IMG_5438_zpseff18mid.jpg

Mr. Fancy Pants was right again. It is ALMOST like he has made a few of these sheath thingies before in his life!

Jason

Almost :D We're lucky to have someone like him that's so knowledgeable and willing to share it.

That is some amazing tooling and a great looking sheath also. I have a Fall Creek Bushcraft with one of your sheaths:thumbup: , I love the removable dangler loop and finally decided to track some down for myself. I have a couple coming tomorrow, looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks Grog,

And I agree totally. Paul has helped my craft immensely. I feel honored to have him and the other amazing artisans we have in this forum.

Jason

Thats some purty work Jason. A lot of holster makers will rub gum on the inside pieces for the same effect, to smooth and darken the rough. But that Tan Kote like Paul siad nailed it.

Those look great! What size backgrounder and basket weave is that? I am just getting into making sheaths and am not sure on what size to get (can't go look at them in person).

Back