GSO 20 request thread

I got to meet Dan at Blade 2014 and he allowed me to hold one of his katana's.
Needless to say AWESOME! :D Heck of a nice guy too. :thumbup:

Dudes, we are visual creatures, we need visuals.

Super assassin cutting compulation.

[video=youtube_share;DrWXv7e9sZE]http://youtu.be/DrWXv7e9sZE[/video]

Super assassin waki, I'm pretty sure.

Super assassin katana.

I realize these are fully custom blades with traditional Japanese styled components. As awesome as these are, I think a Guy'ed up version would really appeal to me. I'm thinking one piece of 3v without any type of separate guard and micarta handles.

Miller Bros. survival swords M-4 and M-4s

Miller Bros. M-2

Zombie Tools zakasushi

Good stuff right here.

Early bump! I'm not a huge chopper guy, usually a gso 6 would be about as big as I would ever need. HOWEVER the more I dream about it the more a gso20/24/26 just calls to me... The wife has already given a head nod of approval and I'm sure I could wall mount it somewhere when not in use...

Early bump! I'm not a huge chopper guy, usually a gso 6 would be about as big as I would ever need. HOWEVER the more I dream about it the more a gso20/24/26 just calls to me... The wife has already given a head nod of approval and I'm sure I could wall mount it somewhere when not in use...

Here's hoping this will become a reality.

I'd love to pair my 4.1 with the GSO 20. I don't think there's anything I couldn't take care of with that combo.

I cannot quit checking this thread for a response from Guy or Ellie. Obviously they have a lot of blades on the books, but this concept is pure gold. Plus my wife hasn't been very nice lately and I think a super romantic GSO 20 might just turn the tables on the situation. Did I mention she seriously wants her own sword?

I cannot quit checking this thread for a response from Guy or Ellie. Obviously they have a lot of blades on the books, but this concept is pure gold. Plus my wife hasn't been very nice lately and I think a super romantic GSO 20 might just turn the tables on the situation. Did I mention she seriously wants her own sword?

Lucky you my wife just steals my stuff.

For some reason my wife always get the most excited the bigger the knife I buy, gso20 fits the bill!!!

This is such a great idea, but even with Guy's price reducing voodoo I think I'd need to start saving now!

Please Guy.......make this happen. It will be phenomenal........and just in case: I'm in for two!

This is such a great idea, but even with Guy's price reducing voodoo I think I'd need to start saving now!

That's why I think pushing for this now is a great idea. I would want them to get their current line nailed down, then when comfortable introduce this beast after we have all saved our survive pennies and would be ready to roll!!!

I've stated it elsewhere but I'll throw my hat in the ring for a GSO sword for sure! I spoke w/Dan Keffeler on the phone one time - great guy. He makes swords, has won completions with said swords, AND is a pharmacist now I believe. I'm no where near as accomplished.
I think it'd be cool if Guy and Dan could do a bit of design collaboration and bring out the best of what Keffeler and Survive individually offer. They obviously both know things that work. Unless I'm mistaken, Peter's HT already does Dan's HT for his swords, so they're already set up with an awesome procedure for 3V swords. Guy obviously has a good relationship there already and is big on using 3V anyway.
I think w/this assortment of elements a Survive sword is the only logical next step - and just the right thing to do :)

I'm pretty sure I'm in for a 12. A monster would be irrisistable.

Dan is an awesome guy. His credentials certainly speak for themselves and in my opinion his swords have no equal at the moment. I think he is a chiropractor but may be off on this? I think we can agree he is in the healthcare field anyway. Lol. I have one of his sword tip knives that is made from left over metal from his super assassins and it is an extremely sweet blade.

It should help us that, as you mentioned, they both have good relationships with PHT and the recipe already exists for a killer sword. Should also help that Guy has his own Keffeler Super Assassin as well to draw inspiration from and understand why it is so important to all of us to make this happen.

If it would help make this a reality, I would be all for handling this the same way the Starter was handled and put money down now to be used as he needed it to get this off the ground. I wouldn't mind waiting as long as it took at least knowing it would happen.

I've stated it elsewhere but I'll throw my hat in the ring for a GSO sword for sure! I spoke w/Dan Keffeler on the phone one time - great guy. He makes swords, has won completions with said swords, AND is a pharmacist now I believe. I'm no where near as accomplished.
I think it'd be cool if Guy and Dan could do a bit of design collaboration and bring out the best of what Keffeler and Survive individually offer. They obviously both know things that work. Unless I'm mistaken, Peter's HT already does Dan's HT for his swords, so they're already set up with an awesome procedure for 3V swords. Guy obviously has a good relationship there already and is big on using 3V anyway.
I think w/this assortment of elements a Survive sword is the only logical next step - and just the right thing to do :)

if it would help make this a reality, i would be all for handling this the same way the starter was handled and put money down now to be used as he needed it to get this off the ground. I wouldn't mind waiting as long as it took at least knowing it would happen.

this^^^

Back