Gso 6

It's all part of it, like the pain of a tattoo somehow adds to the value/commitment of it's owner. Only S!Ks last longer ;)
Such a great way to look at it. I think this is one of my favorite comments ever :D

As far as the slight differences in specs between the 5.1 and 6 I think it has more to do with Guy's wizardry of ergonomics and especially balance. I don't have anything to back this up, but I would not be surprised at all if the differences in fractions of an inch were deliberate to enhance the handle mechanics of one knife having a choil and the other not, and how the overall balance is affected. I have no citations to back this up though!

Thanks thats what I figured.

As far as the wait- I know what I got myself into when I ordered, but looking at the 5.1s and other pics doesn't make the wait any easier! lol

I am not and will not- pressure S!K to hurry up, I can't imagine what their personal lives are like with all of this going on.
I appreciate the hard work and their principle of making sure every knife comes out as perfectly as possible. Possible because of this, I am getting more and more excited about their products and the gear they will be putting on their site.

Nice snag bro! That hurt to watch go and not have the cash, but glad you got it! That little piece of history is cool... It's crazy how there is this little culture growing around S!, a testament to the fact that Guy and Ellie are building a great product at a great price

Very nice! I'm glad it will be with someone who truly appreciates it. Dude on Facebook threw a fit he didn't get to it first.

You have to tell me your thought process. You used to have a 6 and a FF camp knife but sold both, right?

Not much to it. I saw a #2 gso 6, and I thought my new 6 won't be here for a while. I think I need this one!

Not much to it. I saw a #2 gso 6, and I thought my new 6 won't be here for a while. I think I need this one!

Unbeatable logic :D

What made you sell your first 6 and the camp knife? I feel like you told me this once already and I forgot...........

I sold the 6 because someone wanted one and I had the camp knife. I didn't use the camp as I thought I would so I sold it.

Congrats on that #02 first run 6! I saw that post right off the bat and talked with the seller, just did not have the cash after picking up a pair of 5.1 2cds the week before. But man I was wanting to go in debt for that one!

We are getting closer!

What is the tip profile on the 6 called? Modified spear point?

I used to think the old spec stuff had a nice spear point, but then the new 4.7 looked even spearier. I'd consider the 6 to be spear point, but at the very least I'd say it's a nice drop point.

Yeah. Most of the time I can catch it. But just installed the new 10.x iOS, and it doesn't work like the previous iOS. It has some good features, but as a whole, I don't like it.

After using my 4.7 for a bit, I'm looking forward to something the size of my 5.1 without a choil. Just to change things up.

Back