Gunhammer Xl

ron finkbeiner jr

Gold Member
Don't know if this is old hat or something but, I wonder if Mr. D has ever considered an XL version of the gunhammer?

Do you mean an XL version of the DDR (custom) 4" Gunhammer, or of the HTM (mid-tech) 3.5" Gunhammer? If the latter, a larger HTM Gunhammer has indeed been in the works for a while. It's been delayed by the move to the new shop in Texas -- it took about 4 months for the electrical company to get everything wired up at the ampereage that they need to run the CNC machines -- and by all the other models HTM has been introducing, but it'll be out eventually.

It'll essentially be the same as the 4" custom version -- including titanium handles/framelock. However, it'll be built in relatively large batches instead of one at a time, and won't have the customizability, bling, and more labor-intensive options that its DDR brother does (e.g., the HTM version will have a stonewashed or other machine finish instead of a hand-rubbed satin finish like the custom ones). In other words, its relationship to the full custom version will essentially be like that between the HTM AXD and the DDR AXD: same basic design, materials, and function, but without the options.

I can't afford a custom at the moment. I can barely save for production. I have never owned any DDR or HTM stuff. I know Mr. D told me he has big hands but I just know without a doubt that a regular Gunhammer won't be big enough for my mitts. I want one badly cause I am eager to try the assisted version but I guess I will have to wait a while longer. Alas!

I can't afford a custom at the moment. I can barely save for production. I have never owned any DDR or HTM stuff. I know Mr. D told me he has big hands but I just know without a doubt that a regular Gunhammer won't be big enough for my mitts. I want one badly cause I am eager to try the assisted version but I guess I will have to wait a while longer. Alas!
Yeah, your best bet is going to be to wait for the HTM version of the 4" Ti framelock Gunhammer. Depending on options, it should be around the same price point as the HTM AXD -- so basically half the price of the full custom version.

The 4" production model is a great idea. I've been pretty happy with the 3.5", but I'll probably have to purchase a new 4" model when it is available. Just as a side thought, would it be possible on the production models to allow for changing out standoffs or changing out the pocket clip to something that would be a different color? I guess that would go along with items that people would like to see Darrel produce at his new shop... What I probably need to do is just start saving for and planning a custom...

Man a 4" GH would be tops! I got a hold of my first HTM knife yesterday and I'm definitely getting a gunhammer as soon as funds allow! I currently carry a CQC-11 and I really like the 4.1" blade... That length on a gunhammer would make it the perfect knife in this grunts opinion.

I just ordered my first Gun Hammer (DLC Bowie, Dark Earth, S35VN) yesterday. I'd like to see an HTM version with a 4" - 4.5" blade, about 9" overall length. It would be a great addition. I'd get a Torpedo blade for that version.......

Last edited:
I was going to get a second 3.5" GH, but I think I'll wait for the 4" GH.
Any updates yet?:confused:

Man a 4" GH would be tops! I got a hold of my first HTM knife yesterday and I'm definitely getting a gunhammer as soon as funds allow! I currently carry a CQC-11 and I really like the 4.1" blade... That length on a gunhammer would make it the perfect knife in this grunts opinion.

+1!!!!!

I have ordered a Gunhammer yesterday." One of a kind " as Mr. D. Said. Green G10 on one side black G10 on the other, bowie style S30V blade with concrete finish. Can't wait to get it!

Back