Gunk in your GB/AR? Try this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swenson,
I've had one of the first couple of AR's ever made since 1999. I've been to Afghanistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakistan, Pakistan, UAE, Jordan, Israel, and accidentally Kurdistan. All of these trips included my AR. I've slept in bombed out buildings, in sandstorms, in -16 F nights, and flown in the same. NEVER, EVER, have I had a problem with the Strider folder. I think you don't have a f-ing clue as to what the hell you are talking about. You pick two forum threads to support your argument instead of looking at the thousands of satisfied customers. It seems you have an agenda, so why don't you go the fck somewhere else with that attitude. Begone, A$$HOLE! We don't need your kind of **** here. Take your Emerson and shove it where the sun don't shine.

No agenda here, just pointing to a design flaw. The 3M eventually will breakdown and the D shaped washer will rotate rendering the blade non-usuable.

I just thought you might want to discuss the design of the knife.

I don't know to many enlisted guys who carry Striders, I see alot of CRKT M-16 Carsons, Cold Steels, and Gerbers but no Strider Folders?

IN FACT some guys will laugh thier ass off at you if you pull out a Tiger Stripey blade in some company.

swenson45, Mick wrote:

"We have over two thousand AR/GB frame knives in circulation right now.

We have heard of problems with fewer than twenty. Those issues were USUALLY too tight of a pivot screw."

That sounds like less than 1% of the AR/GBs have had problems. That sounds like most of those problems had to do with "too tight of a pivot screw".

"No agenda here, just pointing to a design flaw."

If, and that's a HUGE if, there is a design flaw, it must be in about 1/2 of 1% of the AR/GBs in the world. That's a VERY small percentage.

"I don't know to many enlisted guys who carry Striders, I see alot of CRKT M-16 Carsons, Cold Steels, and Gerbers but no Strider Folders?

IN FACT some guys will laugh thier ass off at you if you pull out a Tiger Stripey blade in some company."

Troll on.

I am not here to argue with you loyal Strider fans, I am just telling what I know. I know there are AR's that will fail. It is a fact.

I also know that out of 2000 AR's/Gb's out there the Strider Guys profited big time! Taking out dealer mark up, taking out for materials, time in shop, and overhead your talking a tidy profit of around $350,000 just in folders!

Keep believing.

I just think in the design of a true survival/heavy use folder you should be able to get the dam thing apart in the field, to rebuild it. Simple opinon.

I'll go away, I can tell I've hit a nerve...

<B> GO AHEAD TELL ME...

Tell me that I am wrong that you should be able to take apart a folder and clean/rebuild it on your own.

Its my opinon that without a vise, special tools, i.e. spanner bits, possibly heat to break the loc-tite free. Theres no way your getting an AR/GB apart. They were not designed to be taken apart by you, only by the Strider Factory.

Sorry for stepping on toes, but this is the honest s**t.

OK,your wrong!

Have you ever tried to take one apart yourself?

Have you ever even owned one?

Sounds like your using what you've read here to make it sound like you know what you're talking about.

BTW, you do not need heat to break the locktite and if you are determined enough you could probably take it apart without a spanner wrench. Then you could put it back together and use it to chop your CRKT or CQC7 in half.

:p

MO

Sure.

I would bet you a large amount of money that you could not in any way take an AR/GB apart with out special tools. Theres no way you could just loosen the pivot. Its freaking loc-tited with white lock tite!

Quote--"Then you could put it back together and use it to chop your CRKT or CQC7 in half." --End Quote

I highly doubt S30V or BG-42 would not chip or bend over on the edge from chopping on another piece of steel.

I know of on AR in BG-42 that chipped when it contacted a wire hanger!

Take a look at the Cover of Time Magazine a few issues back there is a US Army Ranger on the cover he has clipped to his LBE a CRKT Kit Carson M-16 folder! I have yet to see a Strider. Most of the guys are carrying CRKT, Gerbers, and a few Cold Steels not to mention Buck's.

If you want to be objective and discuss this be adult in your replys.

Go outside right now and chop metal with your Strider folder, tell me that its not chipped? Or do you just take pictures of them????

Spanner wrench size? Please. Oh and my GB is the strongest folder I have ever seen. Reagan

Swenson,
Are you the fag that was kicked out of Marine boot camp? Chris Connolly, perhaps? I'm curious what enlisted guys you know. I'm an enlisted guy and the only response I've gotten when pulling out my Strider is "Holy ****, that's badass!" I think you are an armchair commando that can't hack the real thing, so you poke at people that know what the **** is up. Clothes hanger my A$$. Your mother should have used a clothes hanger on you when she found out you were pregnant.

Sox,
Christ man, Mick Strider has told many people <B>Don't take it apart on your own or you can send us the pieces and we'll put it back together for you.</B>

Trust me don't even try, you will bugger up the pivot bolt.

You may loosen the 3M adhesive, but at least you'll get it back in 7 days brandy new from Strider.

SOX, Get an adjustable spanner wrench the bit sets you see for sale are usually way too small. You can find afordable spanner wrenches at most photography supply sites or stores.

swanson: I have no doubt that there are a lot of military personel that use CRKT, Cold Steel etc... for nice little utility folders. However, if you've ever laid an AR/GB next to any one of the knives from these companies you'd realise that there is no comparison. Not even close. Your comments lead me to believe you've never even held a real Strider. No offense, that's just the way it appears, buddy. Oh, and I didn't say the AR's blade wouldn't chip but I'm fairly sure I could destroy the CRKT and still have a useable AR.

MO

Fellow lovers of Strider knives and Common Sense, let's look at some facts. swenson45 has been a member of BFC for less than a month. He acts like he know a little bit about knives. He starts posting to this thread, doing everything possible to stir up s**t.

I agree with Ryan. He's probably somebody that's been here before under another screen name. One way or another, he's a freaking troll. Pure and simple. Don't feed trolls.

KnifeBomber,

Nice reply, tell me do you know the structural breaking point of a 1 and 1/2 inch thick piece of G-10? I do! Or the break angle of a 1 inch tube of 6v4al Titanium? I do!
So if you want to talk about knife designs and certain flaws, or objectivly discuss Striders approach to knife building then lets do so. But calling me a fag and other insults puts down the uniform you wear and lets down others who may look to you for leadership.

Watch it gunner.

Dismissed as a troll. WOW thats cool.

I have yet to hear a real reason behind the design of the AR/GB folder.

I state again, eventually the 3M will break down from i.e. slat water, fluids, lubes, general use. That being said, the D shaped bronze washer will rotate with the blade, causing it to contact the liner causing your nifty $350.00 dollar folder to cease working.

I have seen it and I don't trust the knife becasue of that. I have heard many statements like the ones I posted that back up this claim.

Objectivly looking at the design I see a weakness.

And on that point

E'nough SAID!!!

Originally posted by swenson45
I don't know to many enlisted guys who carry Striders, I see alot of CRKT M-16 Carsons, Cold Steels, and Gerbers but no Strider Folders?

Really, thats because they are the cheapest things available at the PX. And if you were in the service you ought to know that most servicemans budget won't allow a Strider.

IN FACT some guys will laugh thier ass off at you if you pull out a Tiger Stripey blade in some company.

What JROTC unit are yah in.

Take a look at the Cover of Time Magazine a few issues back there is a US Army Ranger on the cover he has clipped to his LBE a CRKT Kit Carson M-16 folder!

SO!
SOF magazine had a picture of a "Rakkason" soldier with a $10 United Cutlery fantasy knife strapped to his LBV......does that mean it's a better knife than Strider?

....I state again, eventually the 3M will break down from i.e. slat water, fluids, lubes, general use. That being said, the D shaped bronze washer will rotate with the blade, causing it to contact the liner causing your nifty $350.00 dollar folder to cease working.

OK, so I do have more to say ;),

Actually, the bronze washers do not rotate. I removed all the 3m from my AR months ago and have not had a single problem. Most folders do not have this adhesive anyway. Even when the 3m does act up it does not cause the washer to rotate. Brother, the more you type the less you seem to really know. Better get busy with the search function so you can lay a little more newly learned knowledge on us.

Yeah, I know I'm wasting my breath, but it's raining here and I ain't got nuthin' beter to do.

:rolleyes:

MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back