Gurkha Book

I just picked up the book "Bugles and a Tiger" by John Masters at a book sale. Something to add to my collection.

------------------

It is a good book, Jay, and I'm sure you will enjoy it and can also use it for reference.

That title rings a nostalgic bell for me. In the Everest Hotel in Naya Banasore, just outside Kathmandu, there is a bar called "Bugles and Tigers" where I would sometimes go, sip beer or a Johnny Walker and soda, and chat with folks. I am not sure if this is still the policy of this bar but when I was there if you could show some ID that demonstrated you were military, past or present, they would stand you to the first drink.

Bill

Hi Bill:--Sounds like good times past to me that I can sort of relate to, even though I was not in the military. Warm feelings of nostalga in a different country doing something special with excellant company.

That being said brings back warm feelings of nostalga for me also Bill. I was not in the military but in a different country with a special person.

Though I was'nt in the military, things like that brings back warm nostalga feelings for me also Bill. Being in a different country with special people doing great stuff.

------------------

Back