Handle Materials Galore.....!

see pic #7

2 x 0.75 x 6" (I would cut some off).

Here's another piece I'll let go to the first budding knifemaker to post "I'll take it".

Has a knot in it....but if you can work around it, would be a nice block.

Curly maple - stabilized at WSSI. (price on these is normally $20)

attachment.php

attachment.php

dimensions are ~1.5" x 3.75"

Any takers?

;)

Attachments

• HandleMaterial113.jpg
    HandleMaterial113.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 145
  • HandleMaterial114.jpg
    HandleMaterial114.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 146
Hey there, Dan.

I'm always on the lookout for scraps of stag that naturally have an extremely small/fine textured pattern, for use on miniatures. The middle knife in this picture should give you an idea of what I'm lookin' fer-

attachment.php

If ya got anything like that, I'd be happy to pay you a reasonable sum for it.

Man, all that stuff is nice as all get out. I've scrolled through the pics again and again today.

Possum, thats just cool. You must have a lot of patience.

Daniel, I am sending 10 via paypal for the stuff I picked out it my earlier post and I'll take the curly maple piece if no one has spoken for it. Thanks....

Rodney Mitchell
c/o Young County Home Health
700 Elm Street
Graham, Texas 76450

Is there any ironwood or stabilized scales left for this newby?

If so ship a few random pieces to:

Jim Smolen
69 Chelsea Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006

Will pay shipping with Paypal

Been kinda crazy in the shop today...I'll sort this all out tomorrow and post the results here. Thanks for the nice comments! :thumbup:

Daniel, I will be picking up a money order today (or early friday am)-and will send it out when i have a mailing address. your choice on what gets sent (i'm easy).
I can see why its "a little crazy" arount there today. azmike

It's Maidou....and pricey! ~$35-40

And not for sale....:(

:D

What would shipping be for the very nice lighter yellowish piece in the center, the piece two pieces below that, the greenish one next to that, and the wavy ironwood piece at the top? Also, is the knife part of your offer? :D :D :eek:

Jared - got your pieces ready to ship - and I got your paypal payment - thanks!

Dan

Hey Daniel, how much for shipping on the stag pieces wrapped in blue tape, the burly looking chunk to the right of that, and the other two bone looking pieces in the center of the picture? Thanks, it would be going to 76450

Rodney

Rodney,

Got your pieces wrapped up ready to go and got your payment.

Thanks!

Dan

Is there any ironwood or stabilized scales left for this newby?

If so ship a few random pieces to:

Jim Smolen
69 Chelsea Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006

Will pay shipping with Paypal

I've got some black palm, redwood burl, oregon myrtle, ironwood and masur birch. Let me know what you want.

ajcz - got your payment. bocote piece on its way. :thumbup:

I've got some black palm, redwood burl, oregon myrtle, ironwood and masur birch. Let me know what you want.

I'd like them all, but I don't want to be TOO greedy:D . Can I get the redwood burl, orange myrtle, and ironwood?

Let me know how much for the shipping and a Paypal address.

Thanks,

Jim

Sure thing!

paypal me $8 for s/h.

= dan AT kosterknives DOT com

Thanks!

Daniel what could a guy get for $30, I'm trying to get a little stach, I have about 4 scales I bought on ebay. Do you have any good bocote? I bought a set of scales on ebay but I never got them, aggrevating. Any extra anything would be nice. If you would like give me a call at 903-598-2602 John.

If you're interested, John....I could set you up with some very nice cocobolo scales (depending on size needed....2-4 handles worth). Let me know if you're interested.

Cocobolo looks better, works better and performs better than bocote. Naturally stable and quite impervious to water.

Back