HANUNAN!!!!!

Cobalt

Gold Member
Yesterday, I received several little yellow slips, none of which were marked COD, so I didn't even think that it was from HI. So this morning I went to the post office to pick up the packages and low and behold, one was from HI. I waited to get home to open the package, NOT. I will forego reactions as we all know what it is like. Here is my impression of this kookie as my daughter calls them:

First, the monkey carved handle; This is by far the most confortable handle I have felt to date on any big knife. It sits perfectly in my hands. I would take this style of handle over almost any other.

Khukuri size; This knife is reminicent of the WWII in overall thickness and heft, but it is longer at 17.5 inches overall length. This size seems to be the ideal size khukuri for me. Glad I ordered TWO(Bill) 18" WWII's. Will, you would absolutelly love this khukuri.

Accesories; There are six accesories. But the most impressive is the burnisher with it's carved handle and carved steel. It is also about 3/16 inch thick. I will not use this burnisher it is too nice.

For anyone who is into handle ergonomics, this would be a must have. Bill, in all the perfectly shaped and sized knife.

I hate to say "I told you so," Cobalt. But do you remember when I told you that you would like this khukuri?

Bill

Bill, you were right. I took a quick picture for you guys a few minutes ago and emailed it to you. Post it if you want cliff.

So we don't confuse anybody the proper spelling is HanuMan, not HanuNan. We do not want the monkey god getting angry with us.

Bill

Does that mean Cobalt and I are still tied at seven?

------------------
Russ S

Thanks for the shots Cobalt, its a very distinctive design:

mhp1.jpg

mhp2.jpg

mhp3.jpg

-Cliff

Notice the small utility tools in back of scabbard just next to Hanuman.

Also, note that according to Cobalt himself, a valued HI customer, this Hanuman was received "on spec." Which means, if you like it send a check when you can. If you don't want it, return it and I'll send something else.

Bill

Notice the small utility tools in back of scabbard just next to Hanuman.

Also, note that according to Cobalt himself, a valued HI customer, this Hanuman was received "on spec." Which means, if you like it send a check when you can. If you don't want it, return it and I'll send something else.

Bill

The only addition I would have made was a rhino skull crusher horn on the monkeys head.

Oh and Rusty, we may be tied now, but when my 2-18 inch WWII's and my 18" AK arrive, hehe, well you know.

Because Rusty is a neighbor and valued customers his last three khukuris went to him "on spec", also.

Bill

OK Cobalt, I'll come clean! One of them is only in my custody temporarily.Here's why.

My Dad was a second father to his best friend's son. His best friend was a second father to me. His son and I have been best friends ever since, and the son married my wife's best friend on our anniversary. Our fathers were two of a kind. Both made things to last, overbuilt, by themselves. Together, what they made was awesome.

Mine died many years back, his about a year and a half ago. When I got the 15" Ang Khola blem, and hefted it, I knew I had to send it to my friend in our fathers' memory. Especially since it was a blem, like both our dads characters, not perfect, with a few surface flaws, but still as good as you could ask for. I've called and told him something was coming and why, but not what. He'll be in shock when he sees it because it's so appropriate.

So tomorrow, I go down and send Bill the check, ( it's in the mail, Bill ! ) and the AK is already wrapped and ready to go. Give me strength to go through with it!

By the way, I take the kid for a doctor's appointment in Reno Tuesday. HEHEHE

------------------
Russ S

Russ, it still counts as yours.

Ghost, you mean you don't have one yet, or that you want a HanuMan. I'll tell you what, I think the HanuMan is the one that I will make a Kydex carry system for. It is ideal for me.

Bill, if COBALT misspelled the monkey god's name does that mean he can no longer monkey around or go to monkey heaven?

------------------
JP

Yes, we all have to be careful when dealing with Hanuman and the curse of the Gurkhas and kamis.

Nice posts, guys!

Bill

Howard, of course, you would make me go into the gun safe and pull HanuMan out. He was so comfy protecting my guns and other knives and watches.

Tweezers designed for pulling mean ticks out of your hair

A pointed punch stick for making holes

Some sort of tailors button tool, good for scraping dirt from under your finger nails.

What appears to be a small chisel

Small knife

and the nicest burnisher you have ever seen.

Animal heads can only be put on war clubs by very Shamans in the Mohawk tradition. It was believed the club contained the spirit of the animal.

Do the kamis have a similar tradition when working on this khukuri?

Will

Back