'Hawks and you...

First off, a little bit about me...I've never owned a 'hawk but have read about them for years...maybe have posted in this section of BF once, always lurking, reading the rest of you alls posts and seeing the cool pics:). I've been Army for a few years and am now at Fort Bragg, attending the JFK Special Warfare Center and School to ultimately, of course, become a member of a Special Forces team. Should be sometime late next year, assuming all goes well. Several years ago, when I decided I wanted to get out of my crazy MOS (MP) and go offensive :)p), I told myself that someday, when I get that long tab, I'll get myself one of these valuable ATC 'hawks.

The whole reason for my schpeel above is I plan on using these for exactly what they are intended for: basic entry tool, general purpose hacking and if I find myself in a bad way, a last ditch defensive weapon.

My point is.....What do the rest of you use them for? I'll pay the premium when it comes to something I'll rely on downrange in a combat zone. But $300 to chop firewood? Throw at a tree? Look good in the collection? They beg to be used, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to trivialize anyones purchases or interest. I'm simply curious......

Thanks,
Warthog

Dear warthog,
I also can't find a reason. I guess it has to do with our irrational side - u know - the side that falls in love, that does stupid things, that makes us purchase abstract art... call it beauty, call it "sublime" - some things just don't have an answer. ATC's? - They're irressistable- just like that useless cat that is lookin at me rigt now and gives me a feeling which i can't explain.
Why do i keep that bastard with me? who cares! he's a real damage. But he won't save my life. ATC's - Perhaps... more likely - i'll just adore and oil and take good care of them.
it's a disease - but a healthy one' i believe...
Shmulik

Combative exercises, camping, throwing, teaching my children respect and survival skills with edged tools and weapons, and, sometimes, just generally having cool toys to brag over. These are some of my uses for my hawks (and knives). The $ invested is always for something I'll use, I don't do safe queens.

The fact that they need nothing but some one to grasp it to make it work! Simple yet affective.

I recently got my first 'hawk (CQC-T). I bought it for a number of reasons -I want something I can use as atool and a weapon (if required). I also want something iconic, that I can hang on my wall when it is not in use which won't look out of place next to my swords.

Another reason I went for the CQC-T is its ATAS (All Tactical & Sh!t) look - I know it's cheesy, but there is just something about a black covered blade that makes me smile.

Back