HEAT/F Folder

I got a notification that mine got shipped today! I may get it tomorrow or Saturday.

Received my DPx HEAT/F 3D Titanium Limited Run Serial# 050 today. Smooth, blade centered and no sticky lock issues. This is a GREAT little beast. At 4.40 ounces it's only slightly heavier than my HEAT/F First Run's 4.12 ounces.

c51f6611-f29b-4011-b567-62aedb75013d_zps277c12a4.jpg

e4b6a4f1-249c-40aa-9901-26429ee71c29_zps23cccd6a.jpg

6ab76998-098f-4dcd-ac9d-2c32f7acbb93_zpsa53582cd.jpg

2bbcb4d2-a428-44a9-a65a-972df4a5115e_zpsba9d730e.jpg

56cb9c46-1071-456b-ba43-f6014516e8fc_zpsb4e9ab18.jpg

Last edited:
Love the design. Seems the Police Model 2 texturing! Needs to be done with the HEST also! Thanks bro

Love the design. Seems the Police Model 2 texturing! Needs to be done with the HEST also! Thanks bro

Yes, the texturing/pattern in raised diamonds is nearly identical to the PM-2 which is in G-10.

The HEST/F exactly like this will be a killer.

There's a new DPx HEAT/F Grey Elmax out as well. It's a BlackWashed blade: Blade is black PVD coated then stonewashed Elmax steel with 61HRC. The scales have the diamond pattern with titanium on the lock side and G-10 on the other side.

The pictures on the DPx website are not very good.

There's a new DPx HEAT/F Grey Elmax out as well. It's a BlackWashed blade: Blade is black PVD coated then stonewashed Elmax steel with 61HRC. The scales have the diamond pattern with titanium on the lock side and G-10 on the other side.

The pictures on the DPx website are not very good.

I have one of these coming. I'll take some good pictures when mine arrives

Also the model above that you said is milspec is actually the first run.... The mil spec version was just released.

Last edited:
I have one of these coming. I'll take some good pictures when mine arrives

Also the model above that you said is milspec is actually the first run.... The mil spec version was just released.

I corrected it. Thanks.

I always confuse my HEAT/F First Run with my HEST/F Milspec because they both have black G-10 and Sleipner.

What sucks is just realizing I won't get my knife til Tuesday lol..... Labor Day the post office is closed :(

mine came in the mail and ill be honest....... I am SERIOUSLY impressed. Very rarely do I get a knife and put it straight in my pocket, usually knives get fondled a bit. This went straight to the pocket and not only did it carry well.... it fits my hand very well also.

mine came in the mail and ill be honest....... I am SERIOUSLY impressed. Very rarely do I get a knife and put it straight in my pocket, usually knives get fondled a bit. This went straight to the pocket and not only did it carry well.... it fits my hand very well also.

Post some pictures!

For those who have the all-Ti version -- how smooth is it?

As nice as they are, none of my DPX's are what I would call particularly easy to open or close.

Last edited:
For those who have the all-Ti version -- how smooth is it?

As nice as they are, none of my DPX's are what I would call particularly easy to open or close.

My HEAT/F Ti is smoother than my First Run edition but nowhere near the smoothness of a Spartan Akribis, CRK Sebenza or ProTech TR3 (in that order) but those are some of the smoothest on the planet.

I can flick open the HEAT/F like I can a Spyderco Techno although the latter is smoother.

My HEAT/F Ti is smoother than my First Run edition but nowhere near the smoothness of a Spartan Akribis, CRK Sebenza or ProTech TR3 (in that order) but those are some of the smoothest on the planet.

I can flick open the HEAT/F like I can a Spyderco Techno although the latter is smoother.

Thanks, Ram.

I love that all-Ti design. But I don't understand why DPX and LionSteel make their folders so stiff to close. What really is the point?

Back