• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Heavy Magnacut Striker

JV Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello friends 😊

Today, I present to you my heavy Striker pattern in CPM Magnacut. This one measures 0.26” at the spine and brings the heft πŸ‘ I have been wanting to do some segmented scales and found some Surinam Ironwood. It’s incredibly dense and solid and this piece has nice grain lines. I pared it with some G10 in the pattern here. Hope you enjoy this one !

Specs:
Overall length: 9 1/4”
Effective cutting edge: 4 1/2”
Heat treat: Magnacut at Rc 62 +/- 1
Finish: hand sand and finished with fine scotchbrite
Grind: hollow on 10” wheel to 0.02” and sharpened at 20 deg/side on a Wicked Edge
Striker pommel
Scales: Surinam ironwood with coyote g10 and tuxedo liners. Black canvas micarta pins. West systems toughened epoxy secured.
Sheath: basketweave Holstex with American made tek lok mount πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

$278 PayPal FF gets this American made beauty to your door in the lower 48. If you need to pay another way, please reach out. We can make it work.

Thanks for your interest in my work!
John
JV Knives
IMG_0228.jpegIMG_0226.jpegIMG_0221.jpegIMG_0216.jpegIMG_0214.jpegIMG_0213.jpegIMG_0212.jpegIMG_0210.jpegIMG_0209.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpeg
    IMG_0225.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back