Hello, Balisong Forum!

Hello everyone!:) This is my first post ever in Bladeforums, and I must say it's good to see so many balisong enthusiasts!!! I've been handling butterfly knives for less than a year now, so there's still tons & tons I hope to learn (from you all). I love flipping these things, though I'm also very interested in collecting. Unfortunately my wallet has been going on a steady diet ever since I picked up my first bali last March so I think I'll stick with just the flipping for now. I occaisionally sell pieces from my collection at www.bladeauction.com and I've probably met a few of you from that already. I particularly like the balisongs from Taylor and Taylor/Seto, especially the Manila Folders which, in my opinion, look as great as some quality customs and handle quite solidly. What's your favorite balisong(s)? How long have you folks been flipping/collecting balisongs? And (I'm almost afraid to ask :D)... how many balisongs do you own?

Well, I look forward to spending way too much time here in the Balisong Forum, but at least I know I'll enjoy it!

-Richard

welcome and be prepared cuz this will consume you

My fav is BM 43DM
I've been into bali's seriously for less then a year
and my only other bali is a BM 42s

Welcome, Biohazard rules....saw them alittle while ago..... i got 2 jags lookin to upgrade very shortly to a bm....i've been flippin for almost a year last may when i went to a hatebreed concert in some bum fuc.k town i stumbbled across a cheapie and that has been it for me...

Welcome to the addictive balisong forum, Rich.
It's always nice to see some new fellow enthusiasts. :D

My favourite bali at this point would have to be a Jag (yes, it's true), but that's only because that's the most quality balisong I've ever handled. :(

Right now I only have some sort of a FHM CCC (Fillipino Hand Made Charming China Copy - well, it's not very charming, though), and I believe the handles or something will break REAL soon, so I should get something new to play with. Yes, that's what I mostly use them for - to play.

I've been into balis for a while now, a bit over a year or something, and I've learned A LOT recently, all thanks to this forum. :)

I'm sure you'll have a nice time here, just as the rest of us. Welcome! :cool:

Welcome to the madness Biohazard! My wallet has also been on diet for the past... oh... 2 years, so I pretty much just manipulate instead of collect. I carry 2 BM42's on my person at all times. I've got a solid brass SKM, a moderately priced FHM, and I'm sure my jags are still floating around with friends of mine. :D I've been flippin' since '97, but didn't really "get serious" until about 2000. :rolleyes:

Spend some time using the invaluable search feature of these forums, as just about every imaginable topic has been discussed to death.

Happy flippin'!

Glad to see more sufferers of the disease.

Myself, I've been a balisong fan since 82. And how many bali's do I own? Not sure, the number keep changing every other week :D

BTW, good choice on those T/S Manila Folders. They are very good examples of a good working bali. Keep them in good shape, they're no longer imported, and haven't been for a while. So replacements are going to be a bit difficult to find.

Welcome, Richard, to this sorry bunch of addiction enablers. ;) Believe me, it won't be easy to resist making some big buys after reading about new balisongs and seeing the pics here!

I've been interested in balisong's off and on for awhile, but until I found balisongXtreme.com at the end of last year, it was more off than on! Now... now it's just a problem. :)

Welcome to our support group (of course we support the addiction not the cure). I've been into balis for maybe 2 yrs now...that doesn't seem right but maybe. I have a couple of jags, a hopped up "chinese sidewinder", a couple of 3" FHM's, and a BM 42as and 43 (both are being repaired by Vance). I'm working on getting a 40T on the next week or so and I'm broke. The story of my life and I'm sure the story of yours.

Hey Rich :)...Welcome.., it's about time you got your butt in here. I hope you enjoy it.., and check out the "For Sale" section on the Forums. I'm sure you can find some Taylor/Seto's from time to time...

See ya...

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Let me add my welcome. Started flipping balis when i was 17. Turned 55 in December. Long time. Favorite is a BM Custom. Have fun and empty your wallet.:)

Back