How To Help with axe maker info BDS Foreign

I have an axe head that I've started to clean up, and would like to find out more information regarding the maker, it's marked "BDS Foreign " on one side and "made in W-Germany" on the other. Any information regards axe and maker would be helpful, thanks.

iRMf6n

eQRV6n

bYNRe7

Nice (in fact 'lovely') stamp! I didn't see any 'w germany'-type markings to go with this but if it's true we're talking 1947-8-9 to 1991. 40 years is 'peanuts' when it comes to accuracy in determining the manufacture of old implements.

Gotta admit that Square_peg's list appears to be thorough! Put on your reading glasses and go through that list with a fine tooth comb. I can see a triangle and three circles within the script. We learned in another thread that 'drei pilz' are stylized versions of '3 fungi fruiting bodies (mushrooms)', and I don't doubt the ID of your's is hidden away in something cryptic such as this.

Gotta admit that Square_peg's list appears to be thorough! Put on your reading glasses and go through that list with a fine tooth comb. I can see a triangle and three circles within the script. We learned in another thread that 'drei pilz' are stylized versions of '3 fungi fruiting bodies (mushrooms)', and I don't doubt the ID of your's is hidden away in something cryptic such as this.
Since no German manufacturer names have surfaced yet (corresponding to BDS), my theory is that the B stands for Bund-something, the D stands for Deutsch-something, and the S stands for Stahl-something. Sort of like the industry group "Bundesverband Deutscher Stahlhandel", which is at the top of the results when doing a Google search for:
bund deutsch stahl

Perhaps BDS was an industry group formed immediately after WWII to focus on exports? Or a short-lived company that either failed or was acquired by a competitor?

Since no German manufacturer names have surfaced yet (corresponding to BDS), my theory is that the B stands for Bund-something, the D stands for Deutsch-something, and the S stands for Stahl-something. Sort of like the industry group "Bundesverband Deutscher Stahlhandel", which is at the top of the results when doing a Google search for:
bund deutsch stahl

Perhaps BDS was an industry group formed immediately after WWII to focus on exports? Or a short-lived company that either failed or was acquired by a competitor?
I'm in! You don't miss a beat, Steve. Germans are renowned for being consummate record keepers so there will be an answer if you dig around long enough.

Back