Help with Contacting Another BFs User

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post and ask this , if it’s not, please let me know where I should or how to contact a Moderator. Here’s my dilemma, I’m trying to buy a knife, the post has the threads locked, he has in the description to PM him but his messages seem to be set up to only accept messages from limited people and apparently I’m not one of them. Is there any other way to contact this user? I’d really like to buy his knife. Not sure if this helps, but here’s his post:

Thanks everyone!

Personally, I would just move on - if a seller chooses to eliminate the majority of the people seeing his ad, why sweat it?
You could always post a Wanted to Buy ad (in the appropriate section)...then, if you really want to buy that one, you could tag him in a subsequent post.

*Be aware that the classifieds are being worked by scammers that prey on people who have posted their emails when reaching out to sellers. (They email, pretending to be the seller & giving you payment instructions.).
IMO, private messaging is the best option for sales related communication (*note - profile messages are anything but private), and are well worth the price of membership - especially if one is buying a few knives/year; BUT, using the WTB section is a pretty good option because it can only be seen by those with selling privileges.

Is the knife worth the $10 it would cost to get a basic membership? A basic membership will allow you to send him a private message (preventing YOU from getting scammed by the method hhmoore hhmoore mentions above) working out the details of the deal.

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post and ask this , if it’s not, please let me know where I should or how to contact a Moderator. Here’s my dilemma, I’m trying to buy a knife, the post has the threads locked, he has in the description to PM him but his messages seem to be set up to only accept messages from limited people and apparently I’m not one of them. Is there any other way to contact this user? I’d really like to buy his knife. Not sure if this helps, but here’s his post:

Thanks everyone!
You’re unable to PM the seller because of your membership status, you need a Basic membership or higher to have PM abilities.

You’re unable to PM the seller because of your membership status, you need a Basic membership or higher to have PM abilities.
Ahhh! I didn’t realize that. I’ve PM’ed others before, why is this time different? I appreciate your help

Ahhh! I didn’t realize that. I’ve PM’ed others before, why is this time different? I appreciate your help
Are you confusing profile posts with PM’s?

If you’ve never had a paid membership then couldn’t have sent a PM.

You may have posted messages to member's profile pages, but that's not the same as PMs. And that member in particular hides their profile, so can't post to their profile.

Back