help with designing a bushcraft sheath

So I have a Bushcrafting knife on order with a 4 inch blade and 4.5 inch handle. It doesnt come with a sheath so im planning to make one myself. The problem is that I dont know how I am going to attach it to my belt. I want it comfortable while sitting as well as hiking through the bush. If I make it a dangler, I think it will bounce around on my leg too much and become a nuisance. If I make it a low-rider, will it be uncomfortable while sitting?
I need some guidance from the experts.
thanks

I recently made myself this one for a small 3" blade and found that it's the most comfortable carry method I have ever experienced. It's cross draw, but that's no biggie for me.
Out of the way while sitting/driving, and easy to conceal if needed, too.
I'll be making one for a 4" blade soon.

FiddlebackEDC001.jpg

I recently made myself this one for a small 3" blade and found that it's the most comfortable carry method I have ever experienced. It's cross draw, but that's no biggie for me.
Out of the way while sitting/driving, and easy to conceal if needed, too.
I'll be making one for a 4" blade soon.

FiddlebackEDC001.jpg

I am not a sheath maker, just a user, & I agree with rayban! This is my cross drawn sheath for a Seal pup. rayban, that is a beatiful sheath you made for that blade!
pupsheath4.jpg

Thanks Carney, I saw your sheath earlier today on another thread. I like how your loop is attached to the back of your sheath......however, I didn't want my handle riding above the top of the belt line, so I hung it a little.

Back