Help with identification

andybtruckin

Gold Member
I picked up a knife blank at the local flea market. It appears to be a 15OT Deerslayer but it's marked SCHRADE+ U.S.A LTD. Overall length is 10.5"
Any information about this would be appreciated. I've got some stabilized bog oak to make the scales for it.

Attachments

• sch3.jpg
    sch3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 9
  • sch2.jpg
    sch2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 9
  • sch1.jpg
    sch1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 9
I picked up a knife blank at the local flea market. It appears to be a 15OT Deerslayer but it's marked SCHRADE+ U.S.A LTD. Overall length is 10.5"
Any information about this would be appreciated. I've got some stabilized bog oak to make the scales for it.
I can't tell you what knife pattern you have without seeing it. But the tang stamp indicates that your blade is stainless steel. If it is a 15OT, a quantity of those were produced in the company's last few years and used to make a variety of limited editions with special features such as etches, laser piercing and broaching of the spine.15UHDU.jpg

The Schrade+ steel (stainless) in the #15 pattern fixed blade was only used in the Uncle Henry line, so it would be a 15UH blank. I think it was only used for special releases, never as a regular Uncle Henry offering in the catalogs. Probably a leftover from the "end of days" period in the early 2000s.

Back