Help with type of handle (pic)

Here's my second attempt at etching a blade. It actually turned out ok. I have the following for handle types: 1) micarta: black linen, maroon linen, green/black canvas, 2) Cocobola 3) Dymawood
frown.gif
. What should I put on for a handle? Thanks.

View

------------------
The Edge

any of the above except the dynawood. lol, all kidding aside when i use a damascus blade i use a solid color handle and when its a satin finish steel i use a hardwood or two tone micarta. imo when i see knives with damuscus, mo'kome bolsters and dyed hardwood its so busy its like a three ring circus, too busy to enjoy any of it!

------------------
Laurence Segal www.RHINOKNIVES.com

If you have enough cocobolo to spare I would use it. Actually, it sort of depends on the grain of the coco. I have some with a nice tight grain running parallel along the long axis of the scales. If yours is like that then it would really help accentuate the thin profile of that particular knife, and it would also flow naturally with the temper line. It would be SWEET! Otherwise, nothing beats a nice maroon or black linen Micarta finished to 400-600 grit, then oiled to give a deep, dark color.

------------------
Dr. Steve Agocs
http://www.geocities.com/Chiro75/frames.html

agocs_s@hotmail.com

Back