Here's your matching Ranger

VIFlfS3.jpg

Well it’s cheaper than that titanium one. I could see myself spending that much but not for that one.

I do like the look of the duke that was also in the email if only it had stainless bolster, but if it’s similarly priced I’ll have to pass.

I literally burst out laughing when I saw that price!! 🤣🤣🤣
John 🍺
I just did the quick math... it would cost me about $511 CAD to get it shipped here and that doesn't include the duties and fees at the border.

That one and the matching 110 look like cool knives but I've heard the handles aren't the most comfortable. $1100 for two knives that I would never use is tough to justify. 😞

I just did the quick math... it would cost me about $511 CAD to get it shipped here and that doesn't include the duties and fees at the border.

That one and the matching 110 look like cool knives but I've heard the handles aren't the most comfortable. $1100 for two knives that I would never use is tough to justify. 😞
man that is crazy......1100 used to be a mortgage payment, and not all that long ago......

I didn't even bother looking for the price when I got the email (having read the comments about the corresponding 110 helped)

Well it’s cheaper than that titanium one. I could see myself spending that much but not for that one.

I do like the look of the duke that was also in the email if only it had stainless bolster, but if it’s similarly priced I’ll have to pass.
Compare the price of the limited Duke to the price of the recent BOTM Duke.
The two are similar but the prices are not.

How do they justify that?

I have a December BOTM model 500 Duke and is about as perfect fit and finish that I have ever seen on a Buck knife. Even if the 112 was just as perfect
I wouldn’t pay that price. Too rich for me.

Last edited:
Some of us are just gluttons for punishment! In all fairness, I ordered the 112 first (and choked on the price) because I thought it would give much better handling (my EDC is an C&C S30V/Micarta 112) with the textured scales (which it does) and then I discovered (on Sunday) they actually made a 110 version last year and I found one on the sleazebay (and they accepted my offer) and it arrived today! Was it WAY…WAY more than I wanted to pay for a couple knives? Yes it was! But they are just a pleasure to own and hold. My kids will inherit them someday. Which is good…because now the mortgage payment is gonna be late! (Just kidding)

RZJ0ZAq_d.webp

Some of us are just gluttons for punishment! In all fairness, I ordered the 112 first (and choked on the price) because I thought it would give much better handling (my EDC is an C&C S30V/Micarta 112) with the textured scales (which it does) and then I discovered (on Sunday) they actually made a 110 version last year and I found one on the sleazebay (and they accepted my offer) and it arrived today! Was it WAY…WAY more than I wanted to pay for a couple knives? Yes it was! But they are just a pleasure to own and hold. My kids will inherit them someday. Which is good…because now the mortgage payment is gonna be late! (Just kidding)

RZJ0ZAq_d.webp
Those look incredible!

Those look incredible!
Thanks! They really are beauties. I ordered a custom horizontal carry sheath for the 112 so when it gets here I’ll switch that to my EDC. The 110 is just as nice but it does feel a little larger than I really need. I’ll probably use the 112 for EDC and the 110 for camping and situations where I’m doing more than just cutting rags, sharpening pencils and opening amazon boxes. It’s a business expense…right?

Back