HEST/Folder Delivery Answer Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's funny that it is now a bad thing for people to want updates on something that they paid over $250 for and is overdue...it's not the end of the world for me by any means, but yeah I'd like my knife too...

And what is the point of this thread?
I don't think it has ever been stated here it is a "bad thing" to want updates. I think we all appreciate and want, updates. In fact, IMO; most of this crap could have been avoided if there was one simple "sticky thread" that contained updates only... and was locked after each update.

Simple communication is the key and I would bet RYP is learning a thing or two also about this. And I say that with all due respect. :thumbup: Cause you gotta remember, he is new to this also.

As far a the point of this thread....... IMO it is to try and put an end to the pointless bitchin, moaning, whining, crying, silliness, etc., etc., that has been coming from a few.

You can read, you know what I am referring to; and you know full well I am not talking about the honest request for an update.

That, as far as I am concerned is "the point of this thread".
Hopefully, it will be a point well taken. :thumbup:

one simple "sticky thread" that contained updates only... and was locked after each update.

That woulda been perfect right there...I do agree with you. I guess I just didn't pay attention to most of the complainers...it never bothered me.

...I would bet RYP is learning a thing or two also about this. And I say that with all due respect. :thumbup: Cause you gotta remember, he is new to this also.

Things such as don't put a countdown on the website? Ha!

Seriously, though, I do agree. This has been a two way street. The truth is I bought an LE (instead of production) because I thought I would get it before Christmas. Had I known they'd be delivered virtually simultaneously I would have ordered the production version. Now before anyone gets all wound up, I'm happy I ordered an LE Sterile version. I'm excited that I will have #20 of 250 first-run knives, about the extra goodies and look forward to replacing my current EDC with this knife.

Posting a thread about bitching is...bitching. Bitching is bitching. Seriously, I'm bitching. Close this dumb shit thread.

well, if i've followed the bouncing ball correctly, the knives are shipping from Italy today. guessing they'll be to North America within a week, but that depends on how they're being sent.

there was some holdup with ordering new boxes. since they're knife boxes, i'm expecting a pain white box with single color printing and don't know why the ESEE & DPx label couldn't have been covered with a DPx only sticker.

multi color, or full color printing on a knife box that's probably not going to be sold on a retail shelf would seem a bit excessive. new single color printed boxes should be done and delivered by the time the knives get here.

and i've worked in the design and advertising field for over 20 years... and have produced retail packaging for a number of items over that time.

sooo, i hope all we're waiting for now is the knives to arrive, the LEs get bundled with their matching certificates and the other goodies and shipped to the individuals who ordered them (with Canadian knives getting tightened) and the production knives get sent to their vendors.

my SWAG on ETA is 2 weeks. should be here just before Valentine's day (or my bday a few days later)

my knives are made to be stuck in whiney little bitches... But seriously anytime someone is not happy we stand by to make them happy.

'Nuff said. :thumbup:

Is this where I complain about my Randalls? I have 6 on order. The first one is right around the corner--scheduled to ship in mid-2013 already!!! The last 2 years have flown by.

I wanted to get a Ray Mears Woodlore knife but it's got a 10 year delivery time frame after placing the order. I draw the line at anything over 8 years of wait time for knife :)

In other words, ladies, all your whining over a wait time of a month or two doesn't impress me.

Now, back to your knitting or your Sex and the City marathon or whatever it is you do when you're not whining.
I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read this!

I think I will announce

the Ultimate Commemorative knife.

$12,000 list price,

Run of 100

50 year waiting time

Made with Pakistani pre rusted damascus steel
Whittlin wood balsa handle, kinda folds on rivet pivot
comes in a used shopping bag and gaffers tape seal
5 day warranty
No sheath included
Shipping extra

Oh wait...in the time it took me to type that... they were all sold out..

:))

if anyone doesnt want their Ultimate Commemorative knife I will pay 1,000,000 for it and trade you both of my non-existent hest/f 1st run production knifes.

in the time it took me to type that i still haven't received a confirmation email or call that my folders have shipped.

Since this is the delivery answer thread, this was posted on 1/20/2011

250 Limited edition knives shipped yesterday from Italy. The second they hit the ground they will be inspected by me and shipped out over the next couple of weeks....after I have them. Production model is made but waiting on the boxes. As soon as they ship you will hear it here first. The dealers will then turn those around and depending on the shipping method and speed of the dealer (most are small businesses) they will be in your hands.

Last edited:
Yup! Hand delivered by the man himself! It's awesome, pictures as soon as I get to a place where I have Internet access.

I think I will announce

$12,000 list price,

Run of 100

50 year waiting time

5 day warranty
No sheath included
Shipping extra

LMFAO!!! I'm in, put me down on the list!!!:D

I think I will announce

$12,000 list price,

Run of 100

50 year waiting time

5 day warranty
No sheath included
Shipping extra

And I bought 'em all. (NO TRACKING NUMBERS!) I just love the way balsa conforms to my grip. It's so... temporary. BTW, RYP, you do take Layaway, don't you? (At least we can all get a laugh out of this!)

working this thread harder than a two dollar hooker on shore leave is not going to speed up the delivery :))

What the Hell!?! Sorry folks, apparently I am experiencing technical difficulties. . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back