Hi All

Up early this morning with the dog so I decided to spend a little time catching up.

Carol has kept everyone updated on my condition. I have been home from the hospital for a week now and I am still as weak as a kitten because it is going to take a while to replenish the lost blood. The back and stomach aches like I had been kicked in the stomach, no surprise there. There is no apparent long tern damage.

Now I have to learn patience while I get back into shape, just hope that I can get back to work, even part time, before the muscles begin to soften up.

Thanks everyone for the prayers, calls and emails, greatly appreciate them.

Take care
George

It's good to hear from you.:thumbup:

You're still getting plenty of smoke and prayers, just in case.;)

Great to hear your doing better George! We will have to get working on your folder table when you get back in the shop.

Pete

Things are getting better, stomach is not as sore and bachache is being handled by medication at night so I can get some sleep. Some strength is returning slowly so I should be able to attend the Tuesday night coffee break this week when Craig gets to town.

My own doctor is encouraged but needs another blood test before he removes me from a particularly nasty medication that I am taking to prevent Atrial fibulation and probably what is making me feel sick to the stomach. The test is Monday.

Lunch is here, gotta go
George

Well I got into the shop for a few hours this week, not doing much except getting orders ready for shipment. Now I have some idea of where I stand physically...sitting at home iin my chair watching daytime television I feel like I can take on the world but when I actually get out there I realize that I still do not have the endurance to work more than an hour at a time without a rest or even a nap.

It looks like it will take a little longer until I am back full time.

I have been doing some thinking on a chest protector device to prevent this type of accident in the future but haven't been able to find a commercial protector that will cover my tummy completely and be hard enough to spread the force of a blow to the chest or abdomen instead of digging in like this piece of aluminum did. Have looked at hocky, baseball, and motocross padding without finding an ideal unit...might just have to create my own from kevlar and carbon fibre moulded to my torso shape.

Take care everyone and spread the word that I will be back in harness soon.

George

Great to hear you're getting better Sir.

haven't been able to find a commercial protector that will cover my tummy

I wonder what the largest size of police/civilian body armor is in Canada? I'll have to call them up and ask for the "Chief Wiggum Special".

armor-1.jpg

Back