Hinderer 3" scale screw dilemma.

So after a lot of waiting and wanting I finally ordered a hinderer tool for my 3" hinderer's and when I got it I realized that the hex bit that comes with it is actually 5/64 for the 3.5" & 4" models.
So, I researched the forum to see what exact size hex bit I needed and everybody says 1/16 so that's what I went to the store and bought.
Well son of a bit, the 1/16 hex bit does not work it is too small and I'm not very happy so if anybody could provide some insight as to why this is and what kind of alternate bit I need to buy please let me know.
BTW, they are blue and bronze ano scale screws that originally came from monkey edge, are they different from the stock screws xm's come with? Thanks, dusty

I just recently bought a Hinderer tool also. I knew it only came with the 5/64 bit; so I ordered a 1/16 from Snap-on (can't beat free shipping which makes it worth it). I remember when I first stuck the bit with my fingers to check it that it did seem loose, but when I actually installed in a driver & began to take it apart it was perfect. Perfect in the fact that it was machined to such tight tolerances the screw will sometimes stay on the bit. It's when you physically press down the bit to unscrew that you will understand what I'm talking about. I think it's worth getting a good bit. Really not that much compared to your investment in the tool. Hope that helped.

@pmek5. I gave it a try and still doesn't work, I guess I can just chalk it up to the fact that its a $6.99 67pc bit set and probably isn't manufactured to the quality standards and tolerances that the screws are made up of.... I'll look for a quality bit and hopefully that works. Thanks

I know the 5/64" one that came with it is made by Irwin I believe. When you get down to the 1/16" size, it would seem the tolerances are much more critical to me. Wiha also makes a 1/16".

Back