Hinderer Lock Stick?

So I am somewhat new to Hinderer, but have grabbed up a handful over the past month or so. I was fortunate to get one of the new Bowie grinds. I have a question about it though:

When the blade is opened and in the locked position, when I go to shut it and I push the lock bar over with my thumb, there is a little bit of grinding...I can feel it.

I'm new to the knife world, and have read the term "lock stick" and was wondering if this is what is happening?

Can I do anything about it, maybe to smooth it out, or will it wear smoother over time?

Thanks for any insight!

It will smooth out, it's a new knife.... Everything Great will get even better after using it.

"IF" you want to speed it along, take a sharpened pencil and pretend you are 2 years old on the two(2) opposing faces.
Graphite in the pencil lead will take care of it (a sharpie works too) I use a pencil.

I did it on my Skinner and it has been fine since.

It will smooth out, it's a new knife.... Everything Great will get even better after using it.

"IF" you want to speed it along, take a sharpened pencil and pretend you are 2 years old on the two(2) opposing faces.
Graphite in the pencil lead will take care of it (a sharpie works too) I use a pencil.

I did it on my Skinner and it has been fine since.

Perfect. Thanks so much.

+1 on Rubi"s instructions. I didn't use graphite, just constant opening and closing for a day or two and it was smooth as a baby's butt.

Back