Hinderer Photo Theme Thread (Read 1st Post !!)

It's a constant reminder to me, but also he was a man who appreciated a great deal of the same stuff all of us do. I'm pretty sure he would be happy to be a reminder, even in a light hearted game like this.

In keeping with the theme sort of... My Grandfather's WW1 dog tag, he was a Co Commander of a detached regiment to the french, they used to sweep german mine fields, and were routinely hit with mustard gas..... I never met him but now you guys know where the WOW in wowcoop comes from.. I try to hold true to his memory when ever I can..
IMG_1607_zpsc7930c51.jpg
actually I may have that wrong, he was probably a squad leader or something, My mom always said he was a co commander, but as a second Lt I don't know if that fits or not.....

Last edited:
Sounds like you have done well holding true to his principals and beliefs. You can tell a lot about people based on who they admire. Thanks for sharing your grandfathers service with us.

Thanks FO, and thank you Njhart for leading this thread in this direction, what your grandfather's flag represents is beyond words....

Some very nice and moving contributions to this thread. I too have my grandfathers flag, means the world to me. I also have a few items of my late uncle whom I never met. He was in the military, I believe mostly for the traveling, and he was an active Grotto/Knights of Templar member.

xmring.jpg

In keeping with the theme sort of... My Grandfather's WW1 dog tag, he was a Co Commander of a detached regiment to the french, they used to sweep german mine fields, and were routinely hit with mustard gas..... I never met him but now you guys know where the WOW in wowcoop comes from.. I try to hold true to his memory when ever I can..
actually I may have that wrong, he was probably a squad leader or something, My mom always said he was a co commander, but as a second Lt I don't know if that fits or not.....

I'm posting this in honor of your Grandfather. The spanto in this pic is here in Afghanistan with me. The camo fits the theme.

Camo24sOpen.jpg

Wowcoop & BT, hats off to your granddads, always but especially coming up on Veteran's Day.

LW, you may not be in uniform any longer but much respect for your continued service!

So, speaking of flags and a particular dusty s**thole...

GD2dZ9A.jpg

Thank you for your service guys and I thank your grandfathers as well. I dont know too much about this old bayonet other than the fact that it was passed down to me from my Father (US Army). Apparently my Moms Grandfather (US army) gave it to my Dad after my folks got married. They lived with him for a bit in Saratoga after my old man got out of the service. From what I understand it was something he brought back from the war and just had laying around in his garage. I wish I knew more, but it is pretty darn cool either way.

Untitled by Jensen13304, on Flickr

WOW Thanks to everybody! Wolfy that really means a lot, thanks and please stay safe!....AZ and J81 the both of you have some pretty nice hardware! I think fieldtacs are the bomb, and the AR ain't to shabby either...or is that an m4? Im not so good with guns anymore... in either case my deepest respect and gratitude to all in harms way, and all currently serving, and to all who have served.......BT that ring has a lot of good Karma stored in it, glad to hear you have your grandfathers flag, and thank you for his sacrifice..... and to those who are old school i'm sorry for calling a rifle a gun, a shooting coach I had once used to say "it's not a gun! it's a rifle a weapon or a piece"......respect to him too!

And finally thanks to N2K for starting this thread!

Last edited:
This thread wasn't/ isn't mine, I simply try and keep it going. It officially is ours.

No one needs question my feelings toward those who sacrifice for the greater good. From uniformed to those that call them family/friend. Both my grandfathers served as well. You guys/gals are in good company.

BTTT........

An older thread but with some great pics......perhaps time to revive it and add a few more........

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now that's what I'm talkin' about.......great pic Rubi.......I'm not familiar with the gun though.........haven't seen one like that before........

Picking up on the items in the background of Rubi's photo...

...put a couple "Christmas bushes" in their stands...

Back