• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Aluminum Scales (no backer, full scale)

I have had a small run made of aluminum scales to replace the Ti scale on my 3.5" XM. I am offering these up here to see if there is a demand, in which case I could have a larger run made up. This is a full scale (no backer used with it) and has a texture similar to a factory G10 scale. It is significantly lighter than a similar full Ti scale (by 44%), and just a tad lighter than the standard Ti backer/G10 scale set-up (by 9%). I am asking $150 net to me shipped.

The first 5 “I’ll Take It”’ posted here will get one shipped out ASAP, if more are desired than that I will have to let you know what the lead time will be.

Also, orders can be taken at:

http://mkt.com/mchalley/textured-aluminum-scale-for-xm

Below are some responses from the first time I listed these up:

“I just wanted to let you know that I received the XM scale yesterday...I am very very impressed with the built quality. It is absolutely top-notch. I installed it on a custom 3.5" slicer last night and it looks great.”

“I like the Alu. It's very light and make the knife flip like the ti scales do. Perfect for a user.”

“Al scale came in finally. USPS must have taken it on a detour. Great quality.”

View attachment 519951View attachment 519952View attachment 519953View attachment 519954View attachment 519955

ok, ive got one of these and there great. If any of you are on the fence about getting one do it. it makes the knife flip like a full ti scale. It also makes a significant weight difference. Much lighter. Ive had mine on a few of my blades and it's great for an edc. here is a pic of it on my new bowie. Quality and workmanship is as good as the rhk ti scales and the price is much better. All i need now is a green and black anno one (hint hint Mike) :D

Back