• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Hinterland field/combat 7" blade, cpm3v/black linen mic./stonewashed

My Hinterland heavy field/combat model in Crucible's venerable cpm3v tool steel, with a 7" blade, black linen micarta scales with thick forest green G10 spacers/liners, and a stonewashed finish. Thickness is 1/4", full flat grind, rounded spine, tapered tang with thumb ramp, jimping and "tipless" glass breaker pommel. This is a large, full-function field knife that chops very well but is also very versatile.

The finish on this one has been tumbled, acid washed, brightened with Scotch Brite, then tumbled again for a "layered" stonewash that reminds me of a hologram, different highlights jump out when viewed from different angles and in different light. Comes with a tuned Kydex sheath that offers secure retention and one-handed draw, with my exclusive heavy-duty QD carry clip made from .120" Kydex. This attachment allows multiple carry options in addition to functioning as a high-ride belt loop.

The first few of this design went into military service and the feedback has been excellent. Although most troops prefer to carry smaller knives these days for practical reasons, this knife is a good friend to have in a hostile environment.

Specs:
12-1/8" overall, blade is 7" tip to scales, 1-9/16" wide, 1/4" thick
cpm3v tool steel by Crucible, heat treated by Peter's to 59-60 hrc
Tapered tang, full flat grind, thumb ramp, jimping and notched glass breaker
Black linen micarta scales with forest green G10 spacers/liners
Laminated/assembled with West Systems G/Flex epoxy and flared stainless tubing
Black .080" Kydex sheath with my pre-tensioned .120" thick QD carry clip
Sheath will accept Tek Lok/Molle Loks, Dangler attachment is also availible

Price is $370.00 plus shipping/insurance, Paypal welcome
Discount availible for active duty U.S. Mil/LE, please contact me for details.

7 23 12-2 002.jpg7 23 12 006.jpg7 23 12 007.jpg7 23 12 009.jpg7 23 12 003.jpg

Nice knife but a bit too pricey for me at this time. I've bought 5 customs in the last 2 weeks and need to build up the slush fund again. Good luck!!!

Thank you both! As usual, my pictures don't do it justice but I did get a decent closeup of the finish, which is a real devil to get good photos of.

Back