Hobbit Warrior Trainer Update

Just got back from a weekend of R&R with some new toys.

Mike Sastre - Got the HWT Sheath - in a word - AWESOME!
It is a Superior product and has exceptional construction. Rekat should subcontract you out!

Got the HW Trainer - well made, matches the live blade nicely, and seems about PERFECT for most knife training techniques.

Pete,

Thanks for the kind words! The Hobbit Warrior Trainer, with its all steel construction, also makes a fine "less than lethal" defensive tool. I know a couple of people that carry them for this purpose.

Mike

Mike,

I would never have thought of less than lethal use!!!

The HWT sheath works great, and its seen some SERIOUS work over the past week in my Training "Dungeon".

If you want to use the trainer as a less lethal carry weapon, REKAT used to be willing to install on your trainer the same steel buttcap that the live blade uses. The cost was pretty modest. I assume they'll still perform this service, but you'd need to inquire.

DPD.

Guys,

My GREATEST hesitation on this is pulling something that "looks" like a knife.......... and the resulting force escalation.
eg- the old Bringing a Knife to a Gunfight, or brandishing type stuff, or even worse.

Use as a less than lethal is a novel idea and getting spanked with the blade, or bopped with the pommel would be rather unpleasant. But both can be done with a live blade and the edge is RIGHT THERE if you need it.

Back