Horton Knives - Official Car Thread

I think we need a car thread here. So post your rids / ghetto beaters / race pics whatever.

Last weekend I attended a rally in Bancroft Ontario. It was cool - its definitely not WRC lever but there were plenty of skilled drivers and fast cars.

DSCN1750.jpg

DSCN1771.jpg

DSCN1773.jpg

There was an turbo diesel golf and it was fast :eek:

DSCN1790.jpg

Some vids

Rally Damage

J can we sticky this thread?

Post away.

Pauli

Last edited:
Pauli, Very cool!

Knives, Family, Lights, Guns, Pets, Cars..... can it get any better?

Our new car since April/May this year,,,

3359941471_8a61d72630.jpg

3359945683_4480ded147.jpg

3359942841_1188f5148e.jpg

We also have an old VW Lupo,,, originally bought for the missus, but guess who winds up driving it the most,,, :rolleyes:

Wish I lived in the US though,,, I'd be driving a huge truck like the Ford F150 or something,,, you think your gas prices are high ? Take another guess,,, ;)

Awesome thread! Here is my weekend toy. Trying to decide between a supercharger or cams some time soon. Maybe both???

KEV_6831.jpg

What good is a car if you can't fit the bodies in the trunk?
22723980010_large.jpg

55409271907_0_ALB.jpg

Thanks, guys. It's a 400 block, bored and stroked to 499 c.i., 12.5 to 1 compression, 4-link suspension street monster.

gas is 91 octane plus some "Lucas" octane booster. 93 octane would be perfect - if they sold that here in Oklahoma.

How many years has that been, "In the works" Tom?

I've found that , with thge arrival of my daughter three years ago, my car projects have slowed to a snails pace. I do manage to change the oil on time, at least.

IMG_5326.jpg

IMG_5322.jpg

I bought it with the body done, rear end mini-tubbed, and good tranny. Engine was a junk 440. Even with other people doing the work, it took a couple years to get the motor right.

Cam changes, motor redo's, etc. Final configuration is a hydraulic roller cam for the street, with accompanying rockers and springs. Heads are fully ported, as is the single-plane intake, for big flow numbers.

My wife doesn't want me to race it!!

I still may sneak off to the track some time. The mechanics and I expect it to run low 10's in the quarter-mile. Any faster and the track won't allow a car without an interior cage.

Wicker Mopar Tom.

Maybe because I'm off the boat but I could never understand the brand loyalty - I like them all Bowtie / Blue Oval / Mopar even AMC lol..

Back