How about something fun ?

And such a stellar profile...wow

There are three blanks busse made for me that I had him do that grind. They are all out there. Those are original warranty shbm blanks finished for me. I let them go but they are out there. Aside from those three, I doubt there are more than a real dozen of the originals. Which is less than the number of 1 of 6's produced. Because there was more than 6. Many more.

Bingo!!!!! I've only ever seen two. 2nd most rare shbm behind the diamond quilted handled shbm's
9A0frwc.jpeg

Is it the long clip point that makes this different from the 300? Or uncoated? Both? Were the slotted bolts older than the clip point 1/300 SHBMs with just the tubes?

Is it the long clip point that makes this different from the 300? Or uncoated? Both? Were the slotted bolts older than the clip point 1/300 SHBMs with just the tubes?

Yes to the first question.
They came coated. I stripped it. But under the coating it was bead blasted. So it was not the typical raw finish. Slotted bolts and smooth handle make this an early shbm.

KdoJquc.jpeg

Yes to the first question.
They came coated. I stripped it. But under the coating it was bead blasted. So it was not the typical raw finish. Slotted bolts and smooth handle make this an early shbm.

KdoJquc.jpeg

Thanks Cobalt. Thats a beautiful blade!

... Which is less than the number of 1 of 6's produced. Because there was more than 6. Many more.
"Many more" – how many? I'm only referring to the ones with the more rounded top on the swedge portion of the blade (so not the flat top 1/300 version). For years the # was said to be 6, then someone (maybe 1whobuys, but I'm not sure) said he thought it might be 7. I suspect they have been passed around from one person to another – I got one many years ago from Dark Nemesis. I'm guessing you had a couple at one point? Not that the total # really matters, but I am curious. :)

"Many more" – how many? I'm only referring to the ones with the more rounded top on the swedge portion of the blade (so not the flat top 1/300 version). For years the # was said to be 6, then someone (maybe 1whobuys, but I'm not sure) said he thought it might be 7. I suspect they have been passed around from one person to another – I got one many years ago from Dark Nemesis. I'm guessing you had a couple at one point? Not that the total # really matters, but I am curious. :)
I know that at least 7 to 8 went thru my hands when I was at my total peak of shbms (39 ish). I also knew where 2 or 3 others resided. Still know where they reside and they were not in circulation. I've seen less LE's than one of sixes. But I also dont think there was 300 1/300s. Lol. I think the number was much lower. Maybe half. But whatever, I can't prove any of it.

... Were the slotted bolts older than the clip point 1/300 SHBMs with just the tubes?
On all of the models back then (Battle Mistress, Steel Heart, Badger Attack & Mean Street), the handles with bolts came before the handles with tubes. My understanding is the 1/300 SHBMs were the first ones made (and therefore would have all had bolts), so a 1/300 with tubes would be unusual and possibly from:
1) a 1/300 was sent back later to be refinished, and tubes were used when the handles were reattached, or
2) a 1/300 blank was later made into a finished knife, and by that time tubes were being used.

After the Ergo models came out, it became common to refer to the older ones as SHBM, SHSH, SHBA & SHMS to distinguish them from the newer Ergo models.

I know that at least 7 to 8 went thru my hands when I was at my total peak of shbms (39 ish). I also knew where 2 or 3 others resided. Still know where they reside and they were not in circulation. I've seen less LE's than one of sixes. But I also dont think there was 300 1/300s. Lol. I think the number was much lower. Maybe half. But whatever, I can't prove any of it.
Thank you for the details! I always enjoy learning more about early Busse history. I first learned about BladeForums in 2001 and finally joined in early 2002 as "gk4ever"; "gk4ever2" came about as a result of my divorce and new email address.

On all of the models back then (Battle Mistress, Steel Heart, Badger Attack & Mean Street), the handles with bolts came before the handles with tubes. My understanding is the 1/300 SHBMs were the first ones made (and therefore would have all had bolts), so a 1/300 with tubes would be unusual and possibly from:
1) a 1/300 was sent back later to be refinished, and tubes were used when the handles were reattached, or
2) a 1/300 blank was later made into a finished knife, and by that time tubes were being used.

After the Ergo models came out, it became common to refer to the older ones as SHBM, SHSH, SHBA & SHMS to distinguish them from the newer Ergo models.

Thank you for the details! I always enjoy learning more about early Busse history. I first learned about BladeForums in 2001 and finally joined in early 2002 as "gk4ever"; "gk4ever2" came about as a result of my divorce and new email address.

The 1/300's were not the first. At all. They were just 1/300's. They were dispersed throughout the period. The earliest blades had the smooth handles, a remnant from the A2 days. But you gotta remember that the entire run started in late 97 and was over by early 99. So it was a very short time frame.

The 1/300's were not the first. At all. They were just 1/300's. They were dispersed throughout the period. The earliest blades had the smooth handles, a remnant from the A2 days. But you gotta remember that the entire run started in late 97 and was over by early 99. So it was a very short time frame.
Wow, thanks again! 👍

I’m now officially in love again. Can I claim dibs, you know …..just in case……one day.

It’d look great with the BBSHBM!
you probably can.

Is the BBSHBM you got from me the one that Ducci modified for me? I had three of those made. I know Guy got one. you got the other.

I will wait I think I know :)

Back