How do you carry the Leatherman Bit Kit?

I recently bought the Leatherman bit kit and extender for use with my Surge, but am trying to find a way to carry them together comfortably. Does anybody have a way to do this? Ive searched but have only seen options of carrying a separate sheath for the bit kit. Any advice is greatly appreciated

I recently bought the Leatherman bit kit and extender for use with my Surge, but am trying to find a way to carry them together comfortably. Does anybody have a way to do this? Ive searched but have only seen options of carrying a separate sheath for the bit kit. Any advice is greatly appreciated

If you have the nylon sheath LT provides with the Surge, you will find a pocket inside back that will accept a bit kit along with the thinner envelope for the saw/file (the leather one has a similar setup, but I have no experience with it.) Practically, it will only hold one of the bit holders, so the idea is to select the ones most likely to be used to stash in one of them (should be easy to do, who besides Canadians needs Robertson bits, anyway?) The elastic on each side of the sheath are doubled and can be separated to insert the bit extender. On the other side I keep a Fenix EO1 flashlight.

If you really and truly need to carry the whole outfit, Leatherman makes a small pouch that takes up little room on the belt or in a pocket, depending on what else you carry there. My bit kit came supplied with one, but LT also sells them separately.

In the rare occasion I need that many bits I just carry the separate velcro sheath for the bits - it's pretty lightweight and unobtrusive.

Back