How do you carry your Cold Steel Kyoto II?

deltablade

Gold Member
I just got one of these, and am curious how you carry yours, since the sheath has no attachment points

Do the holes line up with a Tek-Lok or anything? An Ulti-Clip may also work.

The rivets are smaller than standard. Use a Cold Steel C-Clip, size small. They come in packs of 2.

As much as Cold Steel loves the massive cutting and piercing power of big, fixed blade knives, there is no denying that wearing one in plain sight will often draw unwanted attention or comments. Conversely, small fixed blades like the Kyoto knives seem to go unnoticed or, if they do draw attention, they almost always get a “pass” because of their small size and innocuous appearance. Available in traditional and reinforced point blade styles, they offer astounding cutting and thrusting potential that belies their modest stature.

The robustly stout blades have wide, full tangs that run the full length of the handle. They are coupled with stainless steel guards and super high traction Kray-Ex handles that are stylized to mimic the traditional look of cord wrapped Japanese sword handles. The slim, comfortable sheath is versatile and will accept a bead chain lanyard, or a Cold Steel C-Clip, so it can be carried in a variety of ways.

Not a Kyoto 2, but I own the similarly profiled Mini Leatherneck. Simply put, I just throw mine in the pocket, as you would a clipless folding knife. It works for me, as the blade is short enough to disappear in my shorts and pants pockets. Only my paracord fob sticks out for easier access. Tis my most carried knife the past few weeks.

I don't have the Kyoto II and instead have the Kyoto I which I'm sure would be able to be carried in all the same ways.

When I carry it I just put in in my pocket and pop the sheath off with thumb pressure.

Around the property, I'll occasionally carry it in my back right pocket. The edge of the sheath catches on the top hemmed edge of the pocket and the knife is drawn quickly and easily. Putting it away is another matter.

Won't work if your pants are loose-fitting.

Got the Kyoto II and the mini Leatherneck clip and the dagger. The Kyoto goes in my front pocket. The dagger I carry as a neck knife. The clip point goes on my belt, simple with paracord.

Not all at once everyday, but you could if you want to😂

I modified this BPS Knives Horizontal Leather Sheath for Folding Knives
and attached the plastic sheath to the leather sheath with a Chicago screw.

6YSdcGh.jpg

Last edited:
I just got one of these, and am curious how you carry yours, since the sheath has no attachment points
That 's not a knife, the Cold Steel Voyager XL plain edge folder is a knife. It has a 5.5" blade and is just slightly more expensive. I carry mine in a custom kydex holster that I made that straps on my belt like a regular sheath with two slots to thread your belt through. Has lower profile and can be drawn and deployed with one hand.

That 's not a knife, the Cold Steel Voyager XL plain edge folder is a knife. It has a 5.5" blade and is just slightly more expensive. I carry mine in a custom kydex holster that I made that straps on my belt like a regular sheath with two slots to thread your belt through. Has lower profile and can be drawn and deployed with one hand.
I also have a Cold Steel Voyager XL, which I really like. Yet it is about $100 more than my Kyoto. If I lost the Kyoto, no big deal easily and cheaply replaced. , not so with my Vovager

Back