How Do You Strip Your Becker’s

About an hour ago, started two BK9s, a BK7, and a BK11 in an aluminum tray covered with Citristrip.
Awesome, post some pics when you're done! You plan on keeping all your handles red too?

Awesome, post some pics when you're done! You plan on keeping all your handles red too?
Will absolutely post some pics! Handle wise, none of these are receiving red micarta, I already have versions like that for all of these models.

I thought about trying out some Knifeconnection G10 scales, but not sure if the fit on them is good or not.

Just over two hours in…
jBZUBvm.jpeg

91bravo 91bravo the TKC g10 fit is excellent. They are very high quality! They are slightly thinner than the standard Becker scales, I like that about them.

Just over two hours in…
jBZUBvm.jpeg

91bravo 91bravo the TKC g10 fit is excellent. They are very high quality! They are slightly thinner than the standard Becker scales, I like that about them.
Good to know. Then I’ll have to send off to Azwelke for a sheath. A tweener knife is loose in the kydex when you swap to micarta handles.

It’s been 5 hours and it looks like the Citristrip has done absolutely nothing. I’m giving it 8 hours total.

So, lesson in futility and frustration. Citristrip does not work whatsoever on the newer smooth coating of the Becker’s that no longer say “USA”. Don’t even bother! On the older rough textured versions, it needs a good soaking and a capable scraper (as 1066vik 1066vik pointed out above). 8 hours was not a sufficient time for mine to be soaked. Meh.

Back