How do you use your Koyote?

I use mine for food prep mostly. My EDC has a good little patina started. Everything from cutting vegetable and meat to digging in the peanut butter jar. Gotta be VERY careful though, Christof makes his knives super sharp!

Food prep seems to end up being 80 to 90% of what you do in the wild with a knife :D

We hate to admit it, but it's true.

Rocywolf, i could make a peanut butter knife.......

My blue EDC sees the most use. It handles everything from opening mail, cardboard, food prep etc. I was at Outback Steakhouse the other night where it was used to cut my NY Strip.

When my Combo is with me it has been used from fire prep to shelter making.

4 of us made this shelter in less than an hour, the Koyote chopper was what was used to cut down small trees and branches during construction.

355329093_ej4mi-M-1.jpg

Food prep seems to end up being 80 to 90% of what you do in the wild with a knife :D

We hate to admit it, but it's true.

Rocywolf, i could make a peanut butter knife.......

No no no. The next knife I order from you is going to be something better than a peanut butter knife! hehehehe

I most recently used mine to cut the wrap off of round bales of hay, and the blade handled it like a champ. I'm really impressed, since that's a really ugly, abrasive medium, and the edge is holding up well.

James

So far, I carved my Thanksgiving turkey and ham, cut up veggies, and cut super thin slices of sharp cheddar.

i have a few Koyote's... they have seen action out in the woods and in the kitchen.. my small osage necker, stays with my back quiver...

My Wilderness model 1 has become my go to knife for most small tasks in the kitchen, just appears to be a very practical and versatile design both in the hills and at home.

At this point, I can only think of things that I'm going to do with my koyote when it arrives :)

chop chop chop chop chop :D

I'm fighting a nasty head cold today and have been going REAL slow since I'm a bit fuzzy to be using the grinder or buffer. Just hand sanding stuff.

Back