How I'd change the OHT.

I love my One Hand Trekker but if I could...

I would make the main blade a plain edge. I would reverse the direction of the saw and make it lockable by sharing the main blade's liner lock. I would leave the can opener and bottle opener unlockable. I would make it a right handed liner lock. I would replace the T-handle phillips with a corkscrew and include a micro screwdriver. I would make it available in either red or black scales. I would include a naked picture of Jessica Alba with every purchase.

stevekt said:
I love my One Hand Trekker but if I could...

I would make the main blade a plain edge. I would reverse the direction of the saw and make it lockable by sharing the main blade's liner lock. I would leave the can opener and bottle opener unlockable. I would make it a right handed liner lock. I would replace the T-handle phillips with a corkscrew and include a micro screwdriver. I would make it available in either red or black scales. I would include a naked picture of Jessica Alba with every purchase.

Excellent ideas!! Especially that last one!!!! :thumbup: ;) :thumbup:

Gee, I'd buy it just for the freebie picture! Great suggestion! When do we get to buy one?

The backwards liner lock bothered me at first, but it's ok. I'd really like a small non-serrated blade. The saw could certainly stand to be at the other end of the knife, so the grip would be more comfortable. I don't need the saw or bottle opener/screwdriver to lock. I don't really like the chisel grind on the main blade. I like the nylon scales just because of my experiences with alcohol dissolving cellidor scales, but I don't like the painted on logo. Give me an inlaid logo or just mold it into the nylon like on the German version of the scales. I'd personally like to see a whistle molded into the scales. Oh, and how about some red scales?

I was with ya up 'till the corkscrew part.
Does anyone actually have a need for a corkscrew on a pocket knife :confused:

Now about that Jessica Alba pic :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oddly enough, I like that front-serrated blade. It cuts ANYTHING. The saw is nice, also. I don't know that it needs to lock - unlike the blade, it's probably not going to be used in a position that might make it prone to closing unexpectedly. After a little practice, it seems easy to me to manipulate the lock one-handed and close the knife. I agree with you regarding the corkscrew. In inlaid shield would be nice.

Actually, my favorite model in that size range is the One-Hand Fireman, but that's just my opinion. It DOES have the corkscrew, and it has an extra blade that is serrated and unbelievably sharp.

- Tim

You guys should talk to some of the modders over at SOSAK. There's a guy there, Bill (scibeer is his screen name) who makes awesome OHT mods. Plain edges, micarta, G-10 or wood handles, tool mods, excellent pocket clips. The works.

I handled one of his G-10 OHTs and loved it (it belongs to a friend).

I pop in here once in a while too Francisco!

Changing the direction of the linerlock would be great, but Vic will have to do that. I'm still not sure what the rational was for making it left handed. It is ambidexterous after a while though. You get used to it.

Flipping the saw would also be tough since the spring isn't symetrical.

The screwdriver lock can be removed by cutting the flap off the liner lock on the screwdriver side. The blade lock is not affected.

The corkscrew is also an easy swap. or you can get the Swiss Armee version of the OHT that comes with a corkscrew.

Red scales can be had from a few swiss knife websites for $8 plus a huge delivery charge or you can swipe them off another model. Do all the red 111mm knives come with the slide lock though? I would have to check.

A lot of people ask for the serrationectomy and its a quick mod too. A lansky or other sharpening system can be used. A slack belt or cardboard wheels make it quick.

There are several pocket clips that work well on the OHT. I have settled on one from knifekits.com that seems to work very well and can be mounted so the knife rides nice and low in the pocket.

The Jessica Alba pix, well, you can google those up for yourself! :)

Heres a black micarta OHT with the driver/opener layer removed and a plain edge, a natural micarta OHT with the corkscrew and the clip, a One hand solo made from an OHT, and one of the Armee models with ebony handles with a matching pen.

pensandsaks109.jpg

pensandsaks107.jpg

OHS006.jpg

customknives017.jpg

There's great SAK modding info on sosakonline.com and in the SOSAK forum on knifeforums too!

Back