How much

T4, I am sorry, but I seem to have missed the topic sentence. Are you speaking of the entire REKAT line of knives or one product in particular?

------------------
James

The average price of what? The Pioneers are around 90-100, the carnivours are more, etc...you are a little vague still....as far as the whole line goes, you get more than what you pay for..brutishly strong knives...(someone somewhere once said that they were like fixed blades that folded). They ain't the prettyest...but they are strong...get a Pioneer...you will be able to give it to your grandkids...I need to get me one...I have only handled them...they are on the "to Buy" list...

YeK

T4, I am awaiting a Pioneer myself, bought it used just to check out the lock style, and a Utility Neck knife to see if I like that style of carry. It was not a major expence for me, but not everyone can satisfy their curiosity the same way. I plan on putting them through the paces, and will let you know what I think. If I like the P1, I might pick up a P2 with a swept point blade (just to check out the new lock style and the blade type).

As far as general cost goes, for the steel type, handle material and lock security, the Pioneer compares well with anything from the major production companies as far as a practical utility folder goes. From there, you can pick based upon your own preferences.

And if you like your blades more wicked than practical, there are the Hobbits and the new Sifu
wink.gif

Either way, this seems like a company that aims to please.

------------------
James

Back