How to leave feedback for an Exchange sale

davidf99

Gold Member
Like many HI forumites I also buy knives at the Bladeforums Exchange now and then, and I like to leave feedback for the seller (so far it's always been positive feedback). With the "New & Improved BladeForums" software, it has become a little trickier to leave feedback, as I and a number of other people have discovered recently.

To avoid getting an error message you have to leave the feedback from inside the sales thread. You also have to first post a message inside the sales thread before you can leave feedback. That is not intuitive because sometimes a buyer might just PM the seller to conduct the transaction.

You have to do both of those things. Otherwise you will get a pretty uninformative error message saying that you have not provided a correct URL for the feedback, and you might spin your wheels for a while trying to figure out why the URL is incorrect (which it isn't).

David, That has not been my experience. You as a buyer have to have place a comment, not feedback in sales thread. The comment generally is: "I'll take it", or "I'll take it per pm" or something of the like. This required with the software as the system it is a method of identifying one who has made a post in the thread that he/she is attempting to place feedback for. Also, if the seller locks a thread and a buyer has not posted within, it will have to be unlocked by the seller first so one can post a comment in advance of leaving FB.

All said it appears that more sellers do not leave feedback for the buyer, sometimes even after politely requested.

Back