How to mod a belt clip on a sheath.

I have a Smith and wesson 45 Special ops boot knife, I just got it in the mail and im having some problems with the sheath. I know that the knife is made for a boot, well the sheath atleast, and I dont wear boots; So why get a bootknife when you don't wear boots? Because I love the style of the dagger but the sheath is killing it. I hang it UPSIDE down on my belt so then the handle is pointing DOWN and when I pull out the knife, it slips off. The same happens even if I flip it right side up; the sheath just slips off the belt. How can I remove the clip and FLIP it so then it wont slip off when I remove the knife? Thanks for any type of help with this problem.

EDIT: Posted pictures, if you look at the clip at the bend it looks like there is alot of extra bending that could be done to make it slip into the small groove at the bottom, the part near the rivet.

P1270279.jpg

P1270280.jpg

P1270281.jpg

P1270282.jpg

P1270283.jpg

Last edited:
Post a picture. You might require a new sheath.

Sounds about right, usually the clip is attached before the stitching is done.....sounds like what you want to do requires more work than just starting over.

If you can somehow bend over the end of that clip so that it looks like a candy cane facing inward, the hook of the candy cane should catch on your belt and may keep it from slipping off.

You'd want the end to look something like this:
tom_clip.jpg

Back