How to post your pictures - An Illustrated guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had quite a few requests for info on how to post pics on the forum. Posting a picture here on BF requires a link to a web page elsewhere and most of the members don't have an account with one of the Photo Display web-sites. Those days are over. I've opened an account with PhotoPoint that all of you can use and below you'll find step by step instructions on how to do it. I have only one request; please limit the use of this account to those pics that you'll be posting on the GH Forum. As long as you post it for us to enjoy first, I don't care if you link it to a thousand other places after that. Thanks guys and girls.

1) Attach your picture to an e-mail and address it to: photos@photopoint.com The subject line must read exactly as follows: Account: ghforum@ghostmail.de
View

2) Wait a little while (about 10 min) and go to www.photopoint.com/login.html . Log-in using ghforum@ghostmail.de in the e-mail block. (Contact me for the password, I want to make sure only BF members get it).
View

3) After logging in, open the Incoming album and find your picture. Click on the select box and move the picture to the Forum Posts album.
View

4) Go to the Forum Posts album, find your picture, and click on it once. This will enlarge the picture and allow you to alter it (crop, resize etc) and change the caption if you wish.
View

5) Once your changes are completed, click on the enlarged picture again. This shows the pic without all of the editing buttons and other background stuff. When the pic loads, highlight the URL address, right click on it and then select "copy" from the drop down menu (you'll need this later).
View

6) Now you're ready to post the pic. Come to the GH forum and select either 'Post Reply' or 'Post New Topic'. Enter your text as usual. Then, if your pic is less than 30kb and small enough so it won't distort the forum text screens, type
immediately after the URL address (do not leave a space).
View

7) For large sized or high resolution images over 30kb, do the same as in step 6 except substitute and for
. This will provide a link to the picture.
View

Because I have so many graphics on this thread, I'm going to open up a question & answer thread on the above info. That way it won't take forever for this to load.

Blackdog

Blackdog, you obviously put a lot of work into this and you did an outstanding job. Thank you very much. I, for one, did not have a clue as to how to go about posting a photo. Thanks again.

Steven,

Thanks for the nice compliment. It was a good learning experience for me. I learned to post pics by trial & error and didn't want to see anyone else go through the same aggrevation.

Everyone,

I'm going to lock this topic so it doesn't take a year to load. Any further comments or questions should go to the "Any Questions" thread I opened on this subject. Thanks.

Blackdog

------------------
Visit The GH Forum Photo Galleries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back