HTM at AG Russel knife show

Had the good fortune of attending the AG Russel knife show yesterday. HTM was there and met two of the guys from HTM including Darrel himself. Good guys and beautiful knives on display. When discussing my forum knife and they expressed regret for the unforseeable delay. Also discussed how my production gunhammer was sticky when compared to my forum knife and they offered a trip to the shop for an adjustment. - great customer service.

Had a couple of nice knives to handle including the HUGE AXD. Man, that is a handful. Really don't like Tanto blades and currently torpedo blades are only custom orders, but likely to be available next year as a readily available option! Hopefully they'll make one with max-glide, but handling the assist made it much more approachable than my experience with other assisted knives.

Also handled a gunhammer mk2 (or mk3?) prototype. It had a modified locking desighn (I think a frame lock and not a liner lock). I do recall it is notceably thinner than my current GH, but still a great feeling knife. May have to add a third GH to my rotation.

Lastly, they discussed a change for forum knife production to short runs of custom knives that will be available to the forum. This sounded like a great way to keep energy high and frustration down as the knives would be discusses only when they were ready to be shipped....

HTM was certainly a highlight of the show.

Yep, the forum knife was a bit of a failure. But they're mistaken if they think the timeframe was the issue for most of us, I'd wager. It's the lack of communication that's been problematic, along with the lack of attention to detail, particularly in the blade markings and the sharpness (or lack thereof) for many people's knives. The time frame certainly wasn't good, but we tend to be pretty understanding folks, and if they'd done more of a WIP, and posted up regular updates (or the occasional shop pics during the move, etc), we would have mostly all understood and not had any issues. A little transparency goes a long way.

I love the idea of an AXD with torpedo blade, however, as well as a framelock gunny. I wouldn't mind owning both of those.

I was trying to go to the AG Russell knife show so I could meet Darrel. Unfortunately a sick wife wife and sick child kept me away.

I really like the idea of a frame lock Gunhammer, especially with a thinner handle. I'd like to see some pictures of it.

I was impressed with Lacey's customer service. She has answered my questions in a very timely manner. When I asked her about the two items that bothered me on the forum knife, she had me send it back right away so they could correct it.

Back