Hunting blades--What type of game?

What type of game do you guys and gals hunt the most? Do you prefer a folder or a fixed blade and why?

Beaver02.jpg

A heavy skinner

Hmm, looks like a shiv to me.:D

That little knife is really growing on me.

Once you use it it grows on you a lot more....I like being able to change grips so easily and the 3" cutting edge is legal EDC in a lot of areas. It is just handy and good at a lot of things. I dont know how it would be on a moose or a big carabou but I would bet my money on the Beaver to do almost everything from gutting to caping.

(check YOUR AREA...we dont give legal advice...lol)

Big Game: Deer, Elk, and an occasional Moose.
A good 4" or 5" blade is all I've ever needed.

Other than that, mostly birds (pheasant, grouse, duck) and fish (trout and Salmon).

I prefer a fixed blade because it's stronger (better leverage) and because fixed blades are easier to clean (less cracks to take care of).

You've got some beautiful blades available . . .

Well I would be happy to set you up with a blade.....welcome to our little spot here Strobengh.

We have a lot to choose from in that size range....sounds like you have seen some you like. Ask all the questions you want.

Well it is made to put your index finger through, or your pinky if you use reverse grip. Unless you have HUGE mitts (I wear XL gloves and Kancler is bigger than I am) it will fit you fine.

Back