Hunting Season 2022

Hunting Season has finally rolled around again, fall is here and anyone who has any hunting photos to share please feel free to do so. I recently got a new Weihrauch HW100S PCP air rifle and got the very first squirrel with it this morning. Shooting the .22 caliber 18.13 grain JSB Heavies at 970 fps
CYEDyXe.jpg

Last edited:
Busted two this afternoon with the HW100. Spotted the first from around 30 yards and put a JSB 18 grainer through it's noggin then stood still a few minutes to see if any others were around. Saw nothing and moved around ten yards towards where the first had fallen and a second squirrel hopped into view. Safety off, quick aim and pfffft, number two on the ground. Both young and tender meat, fried squirrel for supper!
aYNSXId.jpg

CH0mY4m.jpg

Got out for a while this afternoon; heard several barking but my hearing isn't very good so it was hard to tell what direction they were in. Spotted this one at around 35 yards peeking at me and the .22 HW100 drove a JSB
Heavy through it's head for an instant kill.
9G15D6y.jpg

Nice rifle Phil, I used to be into air rifles back in the day. I only had a few Beemans though. I had a 25 caliber Beeman crow magnum air piston rifle that shot a about a 30 grain pellet if I remember correctly about 2 thirds way through a thick yellow pages phone book and that pellet flattened out to look about like a dime. It had a beautiful walnut stock also. I took a couple crows with it at 20 and 30 yards, stone dead when they hit the ground. That rifle was made in England I believe by Theoben. I wish I would have kept it. I also had a couple of Beeman R1 spring piston rifles 22 and 177cal back in the day. I've never owned or shot any with the air tank configuration though but hear they shoot hard and are quite nice.

I've owned several springers over the years, have a .177 Beeman R1 still. Also one more PCP, an Evanix AR6 Renegade .22 rifle. This Weihrauch HW100S has an excellent trigger, is superbly accurate with the 18 grain JSB Heavies and very quiet shooting.

I wanted one of those Crow Magnums aka Theoben Eliminators back the sooooo badly but couldn't afford one. They sure were beautiful guns.

Archery hunted at a friends property in KY for 6 days, saw this buck 3 of those days as well as others. I moved my portable hang on stand 4 times but they always passed by just outta range. My 7th day I was there was the opening of gun season so my friend loaned me his Remington model 700 in .270. I sat that morning through cold rain, which soon turned to sleet, and then to snow but it paid off with a 50 yd shot that dropped the buck in his tracks. :)
The Puukko knife handled the field dressing beautifully. The Humphrey brute de forge drop point did most of the skinning and quartering.
View attachment 1989907KY-2 - 1.jpegKY-3 - 1.jpeg

I was able to get out this afternoon over at the inlaws place where I managed to spot two squirrels just before dark. One disappeared into some pines but the other hesitated just long enough for me to pop him with an 18 grain JSB from the HW100S. Not a good photo in the dark.

wMVMEDd.jpg

Back