Hurley Creek

Regular blade length with 4" handle. Because I wanted it as a lightweight hiker I wanted to make sure it would be comfortable to start fires. The straightback element hunter is my "big" hiking knife, or just a companion knife (little of this, little of that in a small package). Both S30V and burlap micarta.

gPyKNdyl.jpg

Would you be able to post a couple other views of your HC? I would like to order one similar to this for my February hold spot. Is this the 2.75" blade with a 4" handle? Thanks!

Jeff

EB2146DB-C2FB-4BC2-A434-D69D84269F93.jpeg 1A34DF3B-C1E4-4738-9F43-790C6541CD39.jpeg

picture of a stretched Worker, one of my favorites. I think it is just a Bird and trout with a drop point, please correct me if I am wrong. The other is my 3/16 HC, no handle slabs, but I really like the rounded edges of the handle. I also have one in 3/32 in s30v with a little longer blade, no slabs, as stated in a previous post above.

You know I ordered 1 and sent it to a leather worker then the post office lost it. The leather worker never really cared about it. But then John and Mr rector out of the blue figured out I got burned by the leather worker and they sent me a prototype of a knife they let me name the sick nasty. And this skinning blade is the shit. I still want a Hurley creek though so I might just re order

You know I ordered 1 and sent it to a leather worker then the post office lost it. The leather worker never really cared about it. But then John and Mr rector out of the blue figured out I got burned by the leather worker and they sent me a prototype of a knife they let me name the sick nasty. And this skinning blade is the shit. I still want a Hurley creek though so I might just re order

If you like the handle on the sick nasty proto, you will like the handle on the Hurley Creek as it's the same handle. John graciously allowed me to use the handle design. I changed the handle for the final version so it's different now.

The hurley creek has been my go-to vest knife when kayaking as John made me one in S30V.

I think mine are technically the deluxe version, with handle scales.

Back